• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First paid app

big_z

Android Enthusiast
Nov 4, 2009
Kansas
About a week ago I set up my Google Checkout account. I didn't have a specific app in mind at that point but I knew someday I would. Then I downloaded the free version of Robo Defense over the weekend. I decided to buy the full version this morning. After I clicked through the legalese and all that it gave me the usual "check your notification bar for download progress", but it hasn't done anything for 15 minutes or so. No download progress or anything, and the app isn't installed. Does it normally take a while to start the download of a paid app (or your first paid app)?

my first go at a paid app was GDE the home experience (which lagged like crazy). anyway, it was speedy. perhaps it hung up. perhaps u had signal interruption (ie, the signal dropped off momentarily, or was too weak). that can cause a hangup in transmission. try again, they cant bill you twice, and you can always return the app within 24 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones