• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First pics of Vigor leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I've not had overheating issue but low on space was a pain though that had nothing to do with sense, it was a HTC mistake that was handled (i hear) on their other phones already. (Hopefully)

Never had the overheating issue either, but just the other day I got the low space notification. I also have an Incredible 2 and put ons of stuff on it & have yet to see it. So I think you're right on that NightAngel, and hopefully they address the issue for the Inc1 with the GB update, if it ever shows it's face again. I wonder if anyine who applied the RUU of the OTA that was pulled has been able to notice if it solved the low space issue.

Back to the topic at hand, I am eligible for my last annual upgrade also, and I'm looking hard at the Vigor. I had the Tbolt for a while but ended up having quite a few issues with it. After the Inc2 came out I watched the reviews by editors & endusers and was sold. So far no issues with the Inc2 and I like the feel better than the Tbolt.

Now my question. The issues I had with the Tbolt (ones that had to do with design & manufacturing) were the sporadic battery life and the feel in the hand. Obviously we won't know anything about the battery life until it's out for a while, but the feel in the hand was one thing that really irked me.

First the width of the Tbolt made it hard for me to use it one handed. Looking at the pics in this thread, it looks like the Vigor is more like the Droid X (tall & narrow) and less like the Tbolt (short & wide). Is that just me or anyone else agree?

Second, the weight. After handling an Inc2 and a Tbolt, the weight difference is noticeable. I'm wondering if it has to do with the LTE radio or something else. Anyone care to speculate?

As far as the Droid Prime, after using HTC exclusively, I'm very hesitant to switch to Samsung. I know a few people who love Samsung phones, but they never really did anything for me. Plus I tried using other Verizon android phones in the store. If I had to I think I'd go to Samsung before Moto (and I used to be a diehard Moto fan with their flip phones). Now I haven't had the chance to try out the newest Blur, but after trying out the X2 & Charge, I'd still rank it Sense, Touchwiz, then Blur. I'd like to try a stock android, but I have my doubts with the Droid Prime being stock, especially with the Droid moniker ahead of it. It sounds less like a Nexus and more like what happened with Verizon's Nexus One (cancelled and replaced with the similar spec'd Incredible 1). Hopefully this next month will shed some light here.

Upvote 0
Mine is also;)
I log in with her name (she doesn't care). She has a pantech something a rather, lol

Awesome. I figured I'd have an upgrade available in the June/July time frame. My upgrade comes up at the end of January. If that's the case its either this, or the Nexus/Droid Prime. Probably the Prime if she ships with ICS.

Looks like I'll be spending a LOT of time in these threads for the next couple months.

Upvote 0
Awesome. I figured I'd have an upgrade available in the June/July time frame. My upgrade comes up at the end of January. If that's the case its either this, or the Nexus/Droid Prime. Probably the Prime if she ships with ICS.

Looks like I'll be spending a LOT of time in these threads for the next couple months.

Yea, even though no more NE2 your upgrade will still be 20 months in system. Plus for her account it gives a date six months from now but says i can upgrade with discount and shows me 2 year price...

I too cant wait for more details on vigor/prime (mostly vigor though)

But, not sure I CAN physically spend more time here, lol:d

Upvote 0
Yea, even though no more NE2 your upgrade will still be 20 months in system. Plus for her account it gives a date six months from now but says i can upgrade with discount and shows me 2 year price...

I too cant wait for more details on vigor/prime (mostly vigor though)

But, not sure I CAN physically spend more time here, lol:d

Actually I should still have a Ne2. Should be my last though.

Upvote 0
Actually I should still have a Ne2. Should be my last though.

Yea, even after that though, it will just say 'upgrade available on [insert date]' that date will be 20 months after you activated whatever phone you get...

Its weird but essentially the upgrade process didn't change much. It just isnt called NE2 anymore

Upvote 0
Yea, even after that though, it will just say 'upgrade available on [insert date]' that date will be 20 months after you activated whatever phone you get...

Its weird but essentially the upgrade process didn't change much. It just isnt called NE2 anymore

Oh ok, I get what you were saying. I guess I actually knew that it was 20 months, but forgot.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
If this turns out to be the incredible hd, I'm going to pass and wait for the Prime or whatever comes next.

I have already owned the first incredible, i don't want a refreshed version. I want something new.

Same goes for the Bionic, already owned the X.

Have these mfgs lost their creativity.

So just because of a name you wont get it? Great logic because these will have dual core, lte, more ram and really doesnt look like an incredible. But hey thats one more for the rest of us. I hope they got the battery life worked out since htc sucks with battery life.

Think the LTE radio does have something to do with it. I have heard that the size of it is why ALL 4g phone need to be at least 4.3.... not really sure though

The new pantech is lte and has a 4 inch screen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones