First post -a couple of questions

Last Updated:

1. dwalker

dwalker New Member This Topic's Starter

I am running the new Velocity rom on my Ally. Whenever I go to settings and hit my Accounts and sync button, my phone reboots. Is this something know with Velocity or unique to my phone?

One other question, I have twice gotten a force close bootloop with launcherpro plus where I can't access menus or even shut phone down without a battery pull. If I hit the force close button, it pops up again before I can do anything else. Anyone know how to fix this without restoring everything?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

I don't know much about fixing these phones, but for the second question: I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling launcherpro. Make sure you have the code for the plus version first, though so you can get it without paying for it again

3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

actually the dev will just re-email the code to you again if you lose it. yes try uninstalling launcher pro and reinstalling. and as for the rom and reboot issues, download the rom again place on root of sdcard reboot into recovery and wipe data, and cache and dalvik cache, and re flash your rom.

4. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

thanks death2all...I have LauncherPro Plus, too so that's good to know if I run into problems with it :]

5. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

as do i ;) lol

6. thelostsoul

thelostsoul Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like you didn't wipe your cache and dalvik before flashing. Always wipe your cache and dalvik before you install a ROM. That should actually fix both of your problems.

darkxsun likes this.