First post - first question

1. golabp

golabp Member

Should be quick for the experts until i read through the forum...

Basically I upgraded to 2.3.3, but the phone is not rooted......

I don't really care if rooted or not cause i don't know what it would allow....however it seems it needs to be rooted so that i can uninstall some of the apps loaded on the phone with the upgrade.

My GOAL - to remove unwanted apps which are not possible to remove from simple settings menu.

My Question - is there another way to remove apps or do i need to root the phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

If you open Applications and can't remove the apps from there, then you need to root and install Titanium plus and you can remove what you want.

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html
  3. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

You gotta root it in order to remove programs that need root level access for removal (anything not removable via manage applications)
  4. golabp

golabp Member

i have rooted, now all the applications have been removed. but i have problems getting my 3g up and running...how do i get my 3g network running again? right now i can only connect through WIFI. help
  5. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Go into settings/wireless & network settings/mobile networks and take a SS.

Go to your dialer and type in the following

*#*#4636#*#*

Select "phone information", take a SS, scroll down to the bottom half of the page and take another SS. Post all SS here and we'll go from there

If you have a problem taking screenshots with whatever program you're using to do so, download and install AndroSS from the market, it's free and you can use the hardware camera button to take SS in any screen.
  6. golabp

golabp Member

Oh I figured this out, it is an APN issue, you need to manually insert your network into the phone. Regards.
  7. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Actually, you don't. You could have just deleted whatever APN info was in there and downloaded the correct one's automatically. But either way, the job will get done.;)
  8. fabz29

fabz29 New Member

sorry im new to this, can u help me out i was using a Acer Liquid mini with android and love but the phone broke down and my wife got me the new Nokia E7 but it does not come with android.. Is there a way that i could instal it on this phone?
  9. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Ur in the wrong forum