First post - Handset Advice required!

Last Updated:

1. ckhurana

ckhurana New Member This Topic's Starter

A big Hi to the Android community!

I am writing in from India and I need to get my hands on a android device.

I am basically a tech buff with a yearn for the fastest and best available stuff I can lay my hands on.

I have had dev XP for J2ME and have a hands on about the capability of the earlier generation of devices.

I repositioned my tech radar about 3 years back so am not in the know (as you say) about the latest in the mobile (specifically android) arena.

My wish list would include a hardware keyboard (as I don't basically like to feel the keys I touch along with the big screen)

So I am searching for a phone with -

- a good processor (which can survive 2 years of use )
    - decent RAM (ditto)
    - a graphics processor (for gaming, yes I dig phone gaming!)
    - a decent camera (MPs dont matter, but being noise free does)
    - a hardware QWERTY KB.
    - Secondary camera would be good.
    - GPS (which can work without internet, like the Nokia E-series phones)
    - standard Wifi and the works...

I know about the models available but technically, would require your ratings/feedback about the different options which can be evaluated at my end.

Moreover, I need pointers about pushing an android device and how a stock android O.S. can be modified/tweaked to make the device work to its best capability (right from rooting it, to the best applications possible).

Also, I have the option of waiting, if there is going to be something big in 2-4 months. Let me know if something good is going to come around!!

Thanks,

C

P.S. I posted this somewhere else! Am re-posting to the correct location now.

Advertisement