First post!General

1. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Beat you guys to it! Lol. Let the countdown begin to this beast of a Huawei !!
    Who else wants one?
    I'm taking names so lets see who's gonna be here in November :p

Huawei Glory specs - Phone Arena

Advertisement
    :
  2. Diablo2k

Diablo2k Well-Known Member

I will be here. Only thing that will stop me is if it has poor battery life.
  3. fredrick1213

fredrick1213 Well-Known Member

I will definitely be here!
  4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Umm, 1900mah battery! Lol thats the biggest one I've ever seen so I don't think battery life will be an issue. So I'm gonna mark you down for when I take attendance in November! :)
  5. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

Congrats, i have Metro don't know if they will have one. but i will tell u this, that would be the phone i spend $300.00 for instead of the Induldge;)
  6. Gravitron

Gravitron Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get this phone. Many people think that a phone as powerful as this one shouldn't be on a "crappy" network like Cricket.
  7. beatsworkn

beatsworkn Well-Known Member

+1 ... hopes it dont come with a CDMA radio
  8. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Well, Cricket is CDMA, but maybe they'll make a GSM version as well. (fingers crossed)
  9. rmoreaux1

rmoreaux1 Member

I will be here. November cannot come fast enough. I really like my Ascend but want something blazing, and the glory looks like it will fit the bill perfectly. I did notice that on one of the glory review websites, Huawei said it was a dual core yet the chip maker said it was a single core. That is weird.
  10. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Yeah,i saw that too. Typical Huawei. They are always hard to get accurate information out of. There was always conflicting info about what soc (system on chip) was actually in the Ascend until somebody took their phone apart and took a picture of it. Even the insider industry type websites had it wrong. I guess that Chinese military secrecy instinct dies hard lol. Still waiting for the Ascend specific kernel source code...
  11. Darksyde

Darksyde Active Member

The second my local cricket store gets them my ascend gets tossed. lol I'm definitely in!
  12. Codawg

Codawg Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about how awesome it will be but does anyone have any details or a screen shot? Where is this review posted?
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Theres not a review, but I think the original hands-on article was on PCMag. Try google-ing pcmag huawei glory and it should pop up. They have a few pics.
  14. Reddlocks10

Reddlocks10 Well-Known Member

I cant wait until November dont get me wrong i love my ascend but the "glory" has caught my eye. The specs and the look!!!
  15. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Glad to see all the Ascend users stopping by! Hopefully we can re-create the great Ascend community with a real phone this time! (sorry, Ascend, I didnt mean it, I still love you lol)
  16. Blasty711

Blasty711 Active Member

I am very psyched about the Glory. It can't get here fast enough.
  17. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

I am very excited for the Glory. I am astonished that it has 2GB of RAM! A lot of these new shiney/glittery phones don't have that much!
    Gmash likes this.
  18. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member

I plan on getting one too!!! But not when it first comes out, I'm going to wait until late spring of next year to see if the price comes down any. Although I think its totally worth the $300 and I would gladly spend the money on it but I will be too focused on buying all my holiday gifts. Plus by then I will have seen all the user reviews and how it performs :D
  19. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't think Cricket's network is crappy, so far I have much better service than I did with Verizon. Granted the Cricket employees at my local Cricket store are a bit bland but they are not the condescending and out right rude employees I dealt with at Verizon.
    Sonasam and Gmash like this.
  20. Sonasam

Sonasam Active Member

I love my ascend 1 with the 2.3 upgrade. it was hella fun reading the forums, flashing, and factory resetting my phone times 6 (3 on mines 3 on my wifes). i think that was best part of owning this phone and the people on the android forums made it all posible. said that to say cant wait to read about your experiences in nov. i'll b getting me and my wifes one probrably around spring hopefully the price will drop. $600 sheeeet!

but its absolutely worth it!
  21. fer/\/

fer/\/ Member

I will def be here, and will be upgrading from the A2 to the Glory, unless the specs aren't true...ex. a 800mhz and poor battery life. :D
  22. Diablo2k

Diablo2k Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I found a Virgin, errr.. I mean Virgin Mobile, I can get a plan there cheaper so I will be switching over. Starting out with the Optimus V then waiting for the Optimus Black.
  23. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I would make sure you get good 3g coverage from Virgin in your area. From what I've heard, it can be spotty and somewhat slow unless you are in a very good coverage area. Good luck with whatever you end up with.
  24. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

do i get counted in, lol :):p;)
  25. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Lol sure, everyone is welcome, the more the merrier, but that's assuming the phone actually ever comes out lol. This thing is starting to seem as mythical as a unicorn. ;)