First Steps... CT705 tablet - root and flash

1. gicalle

gicalle New Member

hello,
    i'm new to this world, but i've a basic understanding about what's the purpose.

problem:
    no play google market store installed on my device, but only an alternative (getJar market).

i want to install the play google market (because i need to install an app that's only available in this store).

what am i supposed to do?

? get root access
    ? prepare an image (based on my device)
    ? flash this to this device?

is the above correct? i'm new to this, so please help me on the road...
    is it possible at all? or will i never be able (with this tablet) to connect to the play google store? Please advice.

Thanks a lot!

specs:
    tablet
    model:
    CT705
    kernel:
    3.0.8+
    android version:
    build:
    V1.0.6.IML74K.eng.root.20120401.120138_HW:1.0.0.0

i've also done some investigation and it seems that this is something like an M752HC and RockChip rk2918 (for the experts out there :) -- i'm not :eek:)

so please: can someone tell me what i'm looking for? there's so much info out there, what's the next step.

Advertisement
  2. gicalle

gicalle New Member

where are the experts? please help a novice on the road.
    don't need a detailed tutorial, but point me in the direction of what i'm looking for...

do i need to adapt a basic image to my specific chipset or so?
    do i need to build this image...

short tuto about this would be fine.

thanks.
    calle
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Calle, I can't find almost anything about your tablet through a Google search and it's all coming up in Spanish as well. You can try watching this video:
    How ROOT Tablet 'CT705' carrefour - YouTube (excuse the terrible rap music)
    This will give you root access. Beyond that and installing the Play Store, I really have no idea.
    gicalle likes this.
  4. gicalle

gicalle New Member

dreadnatty08, thanks for the link.

but in general, what should i do? get root access and then flash 'something' to my tablet? i've found that my tablet is like an M752HC and RockChip rk2918. does that help?

am i supposed to build an image based on that and then flash this to the tablet via an sd card or so?
  5. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

Once you have root, download and find the latest Google Apps and adb push them to /system/app

here's a short guide I found googling. it's far from perfect, but it gives you a place to start your research.

Use adb To Install Google Apps (Includes Google Play) To Android 4.0.3 Buildroid In VirtualBox | Keyables
  6. gicalle

gicalle New Member

hello everybody, thanks for the help!

the installation is done!

with the help of the above mentioned youtube link (How ROOT Tablet 'CT705' carrefour - YouTube) i was able to start the adb connection (the trick is: go to settings - device - storage. click top right and select usb computer connection - media device (MTP)).

then you're able to run the root kit (see with youtube movie).

then download and install the google apps via Use adb To Install Google Apps (Includes Google Play) To Android 4.0.3 Buildroid In VirtualBox | Keyables

optional: to make complete backup:
    with [CT705] : A taaaable ! Cuisinez votre propre CUSTOM ROM
  7. nikobones

nikobones New Member

Can anyone help me turn this device on? Shows a light that it is charging, it has been on before but not nothing....any help would be appreaciated?