• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First: Storm2 Webkit browser or 2.1 Android w/o keyboard

crucifixion

Dec 17, 2009
As a current Storm1 owner (and former Droid and Storm2 owner), I pay attention to both blackberry news and android news. Been waiting for months for that 2.0 or above Android without physical keyboard to show up at Verizon, but nothing.

With the news of RIM annoucing the webkit browser (basically supports flash on BB phones), I have decided: whoever comes out with their product first, I'm going with them.

If Verizon gets that phone (eg Incredible) or even Nexus1 before RIM releases the webkit browser to Blackberry phones, then I'll be switching to Android as I've been planning since October. However, if the webkit browser comes first, I'll get a Storm2 and continue living in the BB world. Only major complaints of the Storm1-2 is the browser speed and other misc small things.

If the browser is addressed, then I think I can live with BB.

Just so frustrating with Verizon and their Android options.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones