First time Android owner, long time Blackberry user

Last Updated:

1. t2tl

t2tl Member This Topic's Starter

My name is Steve. I was with ATT for 5 years and for the last 3 years I was with a Blackberry. My contract was up first week of June so I thought it would be a perfect time to decide on going with the IPhone 4 or the Evo 4G. I was not too impressed with the IPhone and decided the money I would save on my plan would be well worth it by switching to Sprint. I am new with Android and am not even computer savvy so the learning curve is horrendous for me right now in terms of understanding everything with Android. Expect a lot of dumb questions from me in the future :p. I already tried to root the phone and in a failed attempt I just put it back to factory. Have decided not to do anything until I learn more about Android.

Advertisement
  2. semperLux

semperLux Well-Known Member

I used a Bb 8330 for a few years. The only thing that I miss about my Bb is how well it organized messages. Anyway, welcome!

3. incredadroid

incredadroid New Member

Hello all my name is Keith and are also to the Android operating system. I to was also a bb user, but unlike the last comment I found the organization on the htc incredible just as easy to read and navigate through. Love my phone, love not having the bb anymore, but I also will prob have a lot of stupid questions and inquiries. Thanks

4. hammondfra

hammondfra VIP Member VIP Member

haha...lots of BB defectors! I too am one and have yet to really miss my 8330. I still have it sitting on my desk, but only to give to a buddy of mine who is still in the stone ages with his phone. I too have dumb questions, but the first thing you always do is, search, read and search some more. good luck

5. t2tl

t2tl Member This Topic's Starter

Wow so many former bb users. I feel like the Android is a good middle ground between blackberry and the iPhone. I'm starting to get used to the messaging and notification system. The multitasking on this os is an easier transition than I expected. So far I love it and unless I get a job which requires a bb device it will be android from here on out. The community here is also great. A big thing for me was the blackberry community. You guys have been just as helpful and really add to the experience. I do admit I miss bbm, but that is all.