First time Androider!

Last Updated:

1. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys!

I'm new! :D

Always had Ericssons, then Motorolas when the RazR was launched, then was impressed with what my mate's Nokia N80 could do, so switch to the Finnish brand. N80 was unbelievably slow and buggy, but when it worked, it could do some great things. N95 was better and then my N96 was just a nightmare to begin with (battery would last about 4 hours, OS was unreliable etc. etc.), but after some updates ran OK, but still slow. Couldn't bring myself to invest in another N-series, and liked the sound of Android, considering the open source OS and all the applications that could be available! iPhone would have been a safer option, but who wants that?!?!?!

So, just shelled out

Advertisement
  2. cintra

cintra Active Member

Ref File Explorer, I have found three useful free apps for my HTC Magic that you might find useful. Astro (I'm not crazy about the UI, but..), ES File Explorer which will also let you access your PC remotely from Android, and the other is for Mac use - SwiFTP, which allows easy transfer between Android and Mac over wifi :)

Mvh

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

4. Dem

Thanks! I did download Astro, and that seems good, but as you say, UI not that great!

I tried to use SwiFTP, but just can't get it going, despite what seem to be clear instructions! Fingers crossed that a simple upgrade to the phone will allow Bluetooth file transfer soon! :D

5. Dem

Cheers dude!

Good info and works for me; thanks! :)