• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First time charging asus transformer

Cosmic Hobo

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
Hi guys

I just got my Asus transformer epad, and have opened up the box to find that all of the instructions are in Chinese...

I wasn't to concerned until I realised I have no idea how long I have to charge it before I can turn it on for the first time?

I have it plugged in now, and can't even tell if the charger is working. As there was no indication light on the pad itself, I've put it into the dock and am trying to charge from that, but the little light on the side isn't coming on. Could someone please tell me the correct way to charge it the first time? and how long i'll have to wait ti determine if it's actually working?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Yes, there is no charging indicator for the TF, its one 'fail' as near as I can tell. When you plug it in to charge make SURE the display comes on, that's the only way to know that it's acknowledged that the charger has been plugged in (you can turn off the display after that).

According to the manual the first charge is 8 hours.

You can download an English manual here on the 'download' tab.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones