First Time Smart Phone User Trying To set Custom RingtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pop_Eater

Pop_Eater New Member

Hi everyone, so I just recently got an HTC One V from Virgin Mobile, and I'm trying to set a custom ringtone for one contact. I finally figured out how to at least set it as a ringtone but the problem is its set as a ringtone for everyone, and I only want this set for one contact. I went to personalize>sound>ringtone and that's how I set it. This is my first smart phone so sorry if this is a "newb" question, please help :/ (I've tried some apps for this but they all seem to require an SD card which I do not have)

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I'm not positive as I've not used your device but if you go into contacts and settings it should give you an option to set ring tone. This has worked for several different Androids I've used.
  3. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Go into your contacts. Select one and hit the menu button. Choose set ringtone. You now have a custom ringtone for that individual. ;)
  4. Pop_Eater

Pop_Eater New Member

Well that's the problem its not getting set as the ringtone. I click on the set ringtone and there's the list of default tones and an add button so when I hit it the custom ringtone is there and I select it but it doesn't become the ringtone for my contact :c