• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First time trying to root, someone work with me here.

TheSkiShow

Mar 24, 2010
College Station, Texas
Alright, so, trying to root for the first time here. I know a lot about phones, but when it comes to this stuff, I am admittedly clueless. Here's what I have done so far:

Downloaded Unrevoked 3. Opened it.

Plugged phone into computer.

That's as far as I got. The tutorial I read (How To: Root the HTC Incredible (Unrevoked Method) Updated 09.20.10! | TheUnlockr) said that once I did this, the program would automatically recognize my device, but it hasn't. It is still sitting in *waiting for device*. So where do I go from here? USB Debugging is turned on.

*Sidenote* I'm using Windows. And every time the prompt has shown up to install drivers for ADB (I think thats what it says) I don't know what to do so I just close it out. Any insight on that? HTC Sync is also not installed on my computer.

Looking forward to some knowledge being dropped on me by someone much, much smarter than me. :p

I got unrevoked 3 to work but I can't get any Reboot apps to work. They all say unable to ontain root. I have the SuperUser in the App drawer. Am I doing something wrong or do these Reboot Apps not work with a Rooted Incredible? Edit: I am on the Nov OTA. I can't get Titanium Back up to work either. All apps seem to say unable to obtain Root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones