• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First time user of X8 and Android here

nelsoncns

Feb 19, 2011
Hi, I m Nelson from Malaysia.
I used to be a Nokia user, having 3 Nokia phones before and now 1st time changing to X8 android..
I just bought a Black Xperia X8 yesterday as they said this is the best cheapest Android phone now in the market.
But I am totally stranger for android and even to Sony Ericsson phone.. Never used it before..

Thus, can I know, anything I can do to made my X8 a better phone?
Any apps that I should have for the phone?
Also, can I install Angry Birds in my X8, been downloading the whole day, but still not working..
Thanks..

In your text input box, long press and select input method and then select HTC_IME.

Well, thanks~!! Its finally working now~!!
Also, Can i ask something to you?
I dunno why but the download of my phone tend to pause halfway no matter how many times i redownload.. For example ASTRO, keep pausing on 12% while Handcent sms pausing at 44%..
Any solution for this?
Thanks~

Upvote 0
Well, thanks~!! Its finally working now~!!
Also, Can i ask something to you?
I dunno why but the download of my phone tend to pause halfway no matter how many times i redownload.. For example ASTRO, keep pausing on 12% while Handcent sms pausing at 44%..
Any solution for this?
Thanks~

Maybe ur connection. check whether its download status changed to "download paused" or not. hope this helps ;)

Upvote 0
I am really sorry for keep asking question as I am totally new first timer to X8 and Android and also an idiot for technology.
I never used a forum before, thus I hope that you all wont feeling me like spamming.
I had gone through the forum and I found some threads for my question, but I still not understand about it.
Therefore, I just wanna seek an answer for my questions in a thread here that I can keep focusing on.
I am just a geek who watch TV and movies all the time, and never really explore the technology devices before.
So, I don't really understand the term that you all used, such as 'reboot', 'root', etc..
So, can anyone help me with the simplest term that I can understand please.
Here are some questions that I wanna ask.

1)- What should I do after I rooted my phone? Anything else I should install for it, for example: Root Explorer.. or is there anything else I should do?
2)- Why should we partition our sd card and how to partition sd card? (p/s: I am using Mac)
3)- Then to install apps in my sd card, is it I had to install app2sd? Or is there any other way? How?
4)- As I go through the forum, I saw about this ROM thing. What is ROM? Is it necessary to have it?
5)- How can i make my X8 a cooler and a better device? I hope I can use the phone as long as I can as I do not want to change other phone for at least several years

Really a BIG thank you for everyone out there who can help me here.
And a BIG sorry if I was treated as a spam.
Thank you very much. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones