First Unread -> Last Read

1. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I monitor a number of forums at Android Forums. I see which thread has had something posted to it since the last time I visited. I then go to that thread using the "Go to first new post" button.

The problem is ... if I am composing a message in one of these threads and someone else posts a message to the thread before I finish ... I post mine and am unaware that there was a message(s) posted that I had not read.

I don't seem to be alone in this. I have posted messages and come back later to see that someone else had posted a message right after me with essentially the same information I had provided.

The only suggestion I have is to change ...
    "Go to first new post"
    ... to ...
    "Go to last read post".
    (This should exclude the post that I made after the last read and return me to the post I was positioned at when I was composing the message.)

That would guarantee that I was always repositioned in a way that I would not miss the other post(s) left by others.

... Thom

Advertisement
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

I was thinking it was just the tap talk that was doing this . you know they always have their problems with late updates or no updates .
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I am 100% on IE 9 on a Windows 7 workstation.

... Thom