• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Unread

Originally a Title was preceded with a dot. Click on the Title and you would go to the first post in a thread. Click on the dot and you would go to the first unread post in the thread.

This was changed (for the better) ... no dot ... click on the Title you would go to the first unread post in the thread.

Right now it is changed again (for the worse) ... no dot ... click on the Title you go to the first post in the thread.

Very painful at the moment.

... Thom

Working OK for me. I made a post about this awhile ago - Thom is it not working for every post, or do either of these conditions apply:

"I've noticed there is a time limit for the site adding /unread/ to a thread, but I'm not sure how long it is. For example I think it happens in both cases:

1. You read an entire thread
2. No one posts to it for a couple months
3. Someone posts
4. Clicking thread title doesn't have /unread/ and goes to first post

A. You read an entire thread
B. People DO keep posting to it but you stop reading that thread
C. After a couple weeks or a month the /unread/ in the URL disappears.

My guess is the sites database only keeps track of how far you've read for a certain time for efficiency. As you mentioned is doesn't apply to the Watched Forums page."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones