Fisheye, Macro, and Wide Angle Camera Phone LensesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. css01

css01 Member This Topic's Starter

I saw this on photojojo today.

[​IMG]

Fisheye, Macro, and Wide Angle Camera Phone Lenses

It says these will fit any cameraphone, but I wanted to see if anybody has bought this for the Incredible.

I'd like to know if that magnetic ring is big enough to fit around the Incredible's lens without covering the LED flash? I'm sure the actual lenses would render the LED flash useless anyway, but I just want to make sure that the ring wouldn't directly cover the LED flash for the times that I would need a flash without the lens attached.

Advertisement
  2. 93civiccpe

93civiccpe Active Member

Hey,
    A bunch have tried these on their Incredibles. For them to work you have to use one of the little washers they come with and hook it to the metal ring on your incredible. (The back of the washers have a sticky adhesive). They have magnets on the back of the lenses which adhere to the metal washer. In any case, they do work decently well, and you can see some good pics people have used with the macro lens up close. You can save a good bit of money if you are willing to wait a few weeks for them to get to you from China if you order from dealextreme.com:

DealExtreme: $15.70 FE-50 13mm Fisheye Lens Attachment Set for Cell Phones and Digital Cameras
    DealExtreme: $11.20 Universal 13mm 2X Telescopic Lens Attachment for Digital Cameras and Cell Phones
    DealExtreme: $10.37 Universal 13mm Wide-Angle/0.67X Macro Lens Attachment for Digital Cameras and Cell Phones

I hope it helps... (I used to think I was helpful but it's like pulling teeth to get thanks on this forum.. lolol)

kevin107, jayDInc and corona10 like this.
  3. css01

css01 Member This Topic's Starter

Is that the exact same one, or a cheap knockoff? I'd pay a little extra for a Zeiss lens.

4. Hydro556

Hydro556 Active Member

I will never again purchase from DealExtreme due to their terrible customer service. If your experience is anything less than perfect, it will be horrible.

I and others I know have had this problem.

5. DevilsSi1481

DevilsSi1481 Member

are the ones you posted Zeiss? id rather have a good quality one too.

6. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

If you buy via photojojo, I used coupon code PJBUX and got $5 off.

It at first said it was invalid and then I used my back button and input it again and the 2nd time it worked. So you might have to do some back and forth etc to get it to work.

7. alison03

Just received this from photojojo and so far I love it - it's a fun little novelty item. I only bought the macro/wide angle and not the fisheye lens, but I wish I got that too.

The lens attaches to the back of the Inc without the washer and actually stays put, albeit a bit unstable (I'd guess that a gentle bump would knock it off). I attached the washer around the lens and it fits perfectly onto the metal part of the Inc. The washer itself does not get in the way of the flash, it's literally the exact same size as the metal ring. It comes with a second, extra washer as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lens is a two in one: the wide angle screws on and off of the macro. So far it seems to take pretty good pictures, but I'd have to test more during the day as I'm inside using a house light as my only source and at times the macro can be grainy. The attachment of course does get in the way of the flash at the top of your pictures because of the large size, so you can definitely see a bit of curved shadow if the flash goes off.

[​IMG]

It also comes with a key chain attachment and that magnet is really strong. If it's a few inches away it'll fly together and snap shut. haha - scared me once while I was trying to photograph it for this post and it ended up blurry. Ah well.

Anyway sorry the pictures are so big...I just spent half an hour trying to resize in photobucket but every time I link it here, it's back to the original ginormous pic. I also tried to use spoiler tags but apparently they don't work on this site.

8. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member

thats awesome. lets see some daytime pics with this thing. now i just download a app on my rooted 2.2 that has fisheye i wonder how these compare.the app is called "fxcamera" for those interested.
    [​IMG]

9. alison03

I only have a few with the macro lens (have been super busy with work and haven't had a lot of time to play around). I posted in the Inc picture thread but am sharing here too. Will hopefully come back at a later date when I have more! :)

This one is the threads on a yarn on my backpack's zipper:

[​IMG]

And this is a close up of a flower stem at a park. It was SUPER windy that day and was hard to get a steady shot, but I don't think it came out too bad considering the less than stellar conditions.

[​IMG]

10. DevilsSi1481

DevilsSi1481 Member

wow amazing pics for something so tiny and being a cellphone camera! post up more results!