• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission V1.2 is now available

Ok guess I will shoot for that. Not sure when I will have time, maybe Friday or Saturday night. :(

So the link I posted in my last post is the correct file to flash this ROM correct? No extra updates need to be installed outside of that right Tom?

By the way, what is the new kernel and baseband numbers when you flash the sbf file?

Thanks!

you will need to apply this hotfix http://www.teamdefuse.com/roms/hotfix/HotFix_Data_Manager.zip
it fixes a data on/off issue when setting profiles.
you apply this like any update.zip

mount system
install zip from sd
choose zip from sd
enjoy

Upvote 0
i havent overclocked, but as it came, I don't feel the speed difference from ApeX. and if i dont feel the speed difference, and this rom is locked to only a few themes...well...it would only make sense to go back to ApeX, right? maybe i should try overclocking before going back?

UPDATE:
stock voltage at 1.2GHz == 1689
playing around with gallery yields a multitouch environment i have never encountered before

Upvote 0
was my first custom install.
did the 928 black glass for deodex?
then followed dir. exactly for this rom. boot screen took a bit then was all good.
so far dig it....
went into "spare parts" and set how i want.

glad you guys talked me into it....lol....

used mybackuppro and titanium along with market to put everything back i wanted.

sweet....:)

Upvote 0
Anyone having trouble sending emails in the gmail app with this rom? I was good to go when I first downloaded the rom, now I can't send emails out. Yes, sync is turned on and data is turned on.

No problems here. Try going into Applications and clearing Gmail Data. That has fixed it for me in the past.

Settings/Applications/ManageApplications/Gmail/ClearData

Then relaunch the Gmail app and it will reload your emails and it should be good after that.

GMB

Reactions: imronburgundy
Upvote 0
Is anyone else having any problems with Pandora? I keep getting an error that says, "We're having unexpected technical difficulties", but it's random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I tried reinstalling the app, I cleared cache while i was in recovery but nothing helps. I followed everything perfectly when installing Fission.

I reverted to a backup of the froyo OTA and Pandora works again. Maybe I'll try reinstalling Fission from scratch again.

Upvote 0
No problems here. Try going into Applications and clearing Gmail Data. That has fixed it for me in the past.

Settings/Applications/ManageApplications/Gmail/ClearData

Then relaunch the Gmail app and it will reload your emails and it should be good after that.

GMB

Thanks, that was really frustrating. Was considering using the standard email app. Eww.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having any problems with Pandora? I keep getting an error that says, "We're having unexpected technical difficulties", but it's random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I tried reinstalling the app, I cleared cache while i was in recovery but nothing helps. I followed everything perfectly when installing Fission.

I reverted to a backup of the froyo OTA and Pandora works again. Maybe I'll try reinstalling Fission from scratch again.
no problems for me, occasionally id get that on regular froyo from pandora, id kill it with task killer and start up again after a bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------

this is off this link pertaining to dx builds to fussion from one of the builders, i believe;

"This is going to be the last thing I say about this...I don't want people taking it the wrong way or come across like I am trying to make a buck on it. I am being fair to myself and the users...so after this lets just keep the thread on track for D2 Fission. Thanks!

I am the type of user who will most likely never get or a use a phone withouth a physical keyboard so I am not inclined to rush out and buy a DX on my own. So if enough people decide to contribute to a DX fund becuase they like the ROM that is cool and when I have enough I would be more than happy to get on to develop this ROM further along with it. Enough time is already spent on making the ROMs and I am not going to drop 420-500 bucks of my own money on something I will never use but for creating something for others. Testers do not work and that has been proven a few times already, not their fault. I appreciate all the offers but I will not release a Fission ROM unless I can test while I build it too.

I am not telling anyone to donate nor am I asking anyone too...I only got into the DX side cause many people asked so I tried and it will make no difference to me if I continue on with it or not.

I am also a bit surprised by the lack of giving back from community. If ROM was a paid app for 1.99 we would have hit our goal for a device with about 8 to 13% of the current downloads. It would have taking roughly 350 purchased downloads to have enough for 1 device. That is a very small percentage of total downloads so far with Fission.

So this has me thinking of moving to a pay based system. If it cuts down on the number of users then so be it. It will help us hit our goal for other devices that we need to develop on and we should get a lot less of the same repetitive questions.

So if you ask me now will it be a paid app, I would say yes and that anything about Fission 2.0 will be 1.99 and all future upgrades are included.

I did not start making ROMs to make money, I do not want a DX for myself but for the only reason is to test ROM and I am not dropping any of my own cash to purchase something I will not use that much. If I was doing this to make money I would be smart enough to know that phone purchase was an investment and hope to make it back. I will not do something like that for a donate based system.

So I am not sure when a Fission ROM will be out again for the DX. It could be tomorrow, it could be next week or it could be never.

However, I am doing the DX builds as I do my D2 builds so if they time comes when I can get a DX it will be ready to go with hopefully just a few minor issues or none at all."

[ROM]Fission Vanilla 1.2.1 Full ROM and HotFix Upgrade - Droid2 - DroidX - Page 5 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
no problems for me, occasionally id get that on regular froyo from pandora, id kill it with task killer and start up again after a bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------

this is off this link pertaining to dx builds to fussion from one of the builders, i believe;

"This is going to be the last thing I say about this...I don't want people taking it the wrong way or come across like I am trying to make a buck on it. I am being fair to myself and the users...so after this lets just keep the thread on track for D2 Fission. Thanks!

......"

[ROM]Fission Vanilla 1.2.1 Full ROM and HotFix Upgrade - Droid2 - DroidX - Page 5 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

How much is still needed b/c I love this rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones