• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission V1.2 is now available

I have no problem donating and I did....

BUT

I would not donate now that he has taken the ROM down... To me, that's childish.. Leave the ROM up with a warning that it won't be supported and a "click here to donate" so it can be supported would have sufficed....

Too many other options for ROM's out there were the dev does not act like a jerk about his / her ROM...

I donated to ApeX as well and will continue to support that ROM with a donation every few months....

This dev, won't see another cent from me...

My .02

Upvote 0
It's a real shame to see this happen. I will NOT be pushed into donating knowing Ang can cut off all the DX owners so easily. And he wants us to donate so he can purchase a device he doesn't even want so whats to keep him from cutting us off again after he decides his other devices are more important? I'll be passing on this one and I think he is taking the entirely wrong approach to the whole thing in my opinion.

I will no longer be using this ROM.

GMB

Upvote 0
It's a real shame to see this happen. I will NOT be pushed into donating knowing Ang can cut off all the DX owners so easily. And he wants us to donate so he can purchase a device he doesn't even want so whats to keep him from cutting us off again after he decides his other devices are more important? I'll be passing on this one and I think he is taking the entirely wrong approach to the whole thing in my opinion.

I will no longer be using this ROM.

GMB

Any Developer can stop producing their Rom at any time they want.
I know we've both seen that happen and will see it again, unfortunately.
If you use a Rom or Theme donate a few bucks to further the cause.
A good example is
Bgill55 when he was a "chef" for the Omnia i910 in the beginning at times it was a bit bumpy.
Today he's a Rom god (swelled head alert) do to support of the community.
I understand what your saying but we disagree.
:cool::cool:

Upvote 0
Any Developer can stop producing their Rom at any time they want.
I know we've both seen that happen and will see it again, unfortunately.
If you use a Rom or Theme donate a few bucks to further the cause.
A good example is
Bgill55 when he was a "chef" for the Omnia i910 in the beginning at times it was a bit bumpy.
Today he's a Rom god (swelled head alert) do to support of the community.
I understand what your saying but we disagree.

I have donated to many rom developers over the years and I will continue to do so but I will not have my hand forced into donating.

GMB

Upvote 0
I have donated to many rom developers over the years and I will continue to do so but I will not have my hand forced into donating.

GMB

+1

Guess I wont bother installing this ROM after all. Looks like I will stick with Apex for awhile.

+2

and +2 for ApeX

Wish I could get my $15 bucks back from the dude.... Oh well....

Upvote 0
Right on. Saw on other forum I posted link to he is looking for testers. Need to ask if he wants testers or to get a phone or both. Is he done or not.

A good developer is never done sometimes they just have to step away to get there creative juices flowing.
I donated because I wanted to to help support the greater cause. To "Rom" The DroidX not just Theme it. When my unemployment check comes I intend to send a little more.
If everyone had even sent in $.50 cents this situation would not exists.

Upvote 0
A good developer is never done sometimes they just have to step away to get there creative juices flowing.
I donated because I wanted to to help support the greater cause. To "Rom" The DroidX not just Theme it. When my unemployment check comes I intend to send a little more.
If everyone had even sent in $.50 cents this situation would not exists.
got ya....see what you're saying....^

Upvote 0
well, i hate to say it, but im kinda with the other guys.
id donate to get one in his hand if i thought he would stand by his work.
but im not sure he will.

it seems the d2 guys will enjoy his work, until something else comes along.
like the other guys said, he should have went about it different.
though im glad he is looking for testers, but that doesnt alleviate the issue he himself had with not having a device in hand to continue his work.

Upvote 0
sometimes when i get back to the lockscreen and slide the lock, the phone freezes up and the phone reboots. (using fission) anyone else gettin this problem. not overclocked anymore either. still happens

do you have your LCD density set at something other than default (240)? if so, this is what causes it. not sure if a fix will be in the works or not, given that team defuse's website is totally down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones