Fitness app recommendations?

Last Updated:

1. mjpatey

mjpatey Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, group-

I've tried Cardio Trainer, Jog Tracker and SportyPal, and all three crash my Droid before the workout is finished. I'm only using them for walking, so it's not as though I'm knocking anything loose. Usually I get to the end of a workout, and either the phone has already rebooted, or I click "finish" and the fitness app tells me it has crashed, and my workout was lost.

Has anyone else experienced this frustration with these apps? Is there one you use regularly that doesn't crash when others have?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

-Mark

Advertisement
  2. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

I've used Cardio Trainer endless times and it never crashes on me. It has worked perfectly. I used it for jogging, biking, and driving. All for at least 15 minutes and it works great!

3. mjpatey

I'm beginning to think my Droid is the problem. It crashes on me at least 5 times a day (some days up to 10), in all sorts of situations. The fitness apps are just the most frustrating, because you lose all the data!

4. b3nder

b3nder Active Member

wow ... i would defiantly say that is the phone. the droid, for me, has been extremely stable, uptime of 2days -- and that is just cuz i had to reboot to get the 2.0.1 code down on it.... -- update to 2.0.1 and possible do a factory restore and install a few apps at a time to see if you can pinpoint which app is causing your phone to crash.

5. Mayze

Mayze Active Member

I use gymtechnik.com. It does everything I need and you don't have to download anything.

6. kilikas

kilikas Active Member

7. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

There is workout buddy on the market. I haven't tried it yet though.

8. kilikas

kilikas Active Member

9. Paul1201

Paul1201 Well-Known Member

Buddy Runner has been very stable for me.

10. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

It's your phone. Sportypal is extremely stable and accurate on mine.

11. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

+1

12. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

You have to remember if your phone crashes often then it COULD be a possibility there is an issue with an app you've downloaded to the phone. I installed an app called LOOKOUT and automatically scans my phone periodically for possible viruses and it also scans new apps as soon as I download them to make sure they are safe and it will tell you if it found something wrong. Maybe you have way to many apps on your phone and its slowing your phone down or causing certain apps to FC. So give those some thought too.

13. dotster77

dotster77 Member

'runner' is the sports gps tracking app that I have had the best results with.. I've gone on 3 hour workouts and it kept doing it's thing. Others that I tried kep quiting on me for whatever reason.

Did use a good bit of power but I think any good gps tracker that is hitting the gps hard will..

Still I could go about 3 hours with it runnning and with pandora running in the background.. although barely any power left at the end.. I might get an extended battery just for workouts..

14. mjpatey

Thanks, everybody, for your recommendations. I'm still using CardioTrainer, and after the Droid's firmware update back in December, I've had no more issues! I know some people who had similar stability issues before the update, and whatever it was, it's fixed now.

I will try out some of the other ones you've recommended, too. Thanks again!

-Mark

15. Viconi

Viconi Member

Love there web app, talking to the devs they will be coming out with an android app shortly.

16. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I just don't workout, problems solved LOL!!!