FIX: EVO Handcent Pictures not sending in MMS

Last Updated:

1. Scooterman1

Scooterman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried just about every combination that I have seen on the different Forums, etc, plus a few more, and NONE worked.

Now, I believe that I have found a REAL FIX. At least one that worked for me. THIS IS ON AN HTC EVO 4G.

Even though I hated to go to this extreme, but it did work. As a last resort. Now everything works great. Android messages, Handcent picture sending/receiving, etc.

REAL FIX: (for me)
    1. Download an App from the Market called MyBackup, install it, open it and back up everything to your SD card.
    2. Click on Home/Settings/System Updates
    3. Click on Firmware update
    4. Click on Update profile (very important)
    5. Update PRL
    6. HTC software update
    7. Click on Home/Settings/Privacy/Factory data reset
    8. Click on Reset Phone
    9. When it gets through rebooting, you have to set it up like a new phone as all of the settings have been wiped out.
    10. You can use Mybackup, or Linda File Manager from the Market... (MyBackup may be a little safer). If you want to install Linda File Manager from the Market BEFORE you reset, you can open Linda File Manager, Click on Applications, Click On Menu, Click on Backup All. This will back up all applications to the SD Card. Then after you Reset the phone and reboot, you can reinstall Linda File Manager from the Market, open it, then go to SD Card/backup/application and click on each application (0ne at a time) and say to Install with the Installer App. Or you can do it from the Market, your choice.
    11. Now, set up everything fresh. I tested the Messages, then installed Handcent, and everything worked like it should.
    12. Open MyBackup, Click on Restore, and Data (to recover all of you SMS, and MMS messages, Contacts, etc. I would be careful about reinstalling Handcent from here as I don't know if you may affect it working, or not. I suggest installing a fresh copy from the Market.
    PICTURE MESSAGING NOW WORKS ON 3G, 4G, AND WiFi

Advertisement
  2. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Once I managed to get Update Profile to work, all worked well.

Think I got the Update Profile to work once I logged in to Sprint with the phone to check my account.