Fix for 4 button sensitivity?

Last Updated:

1. rdrakea

rdrakea New Member This Topic's Starter

One thing that has been bugging me is the 4 buttons at the bottom and the lack of sensitivity. I find myself pushing them 2, 3 times to get the expected response. Sometimes I know it's OS lag, but other times i really think/thought it was an issue with the buttons.

I changed my default keyboard from Samsung to Android and I think the buttons work great now. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe it's just in my head. :D

Advertisement
  2. harleydad82

harleydad82 Active Member

that could be in your head but i haven't tried it yet. The problem with the buttons on the bottom is what type they are, they obviously are not the same as the screen there for i find myself just making sure i press firmly down on them. I agree with the sensitivty though

3. tonyc

tonyc Member

Unfortunately, it is in your head. I have tried the Android default keyboard, and still have slow response buttons....

4. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas Well-Known Member

Mine work fine. I had trouble with them at first since the backlighting turns off so fast, but once I figured out where I need to touch they work every time. No lag either since I got rid of the god awful touchwiz.

5. c0ld29

c0ld29 Member

I know I wish the backlight on them lasted a little longer...

6. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

I kinda like them the way they are. On the Htc aria, I seemed to hit them accidentally more often.

7. jesterkiller

jesterkiller Member

i noticed that i have to push them multiple times. but its very rarely

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I have the Evo, too..and those buttons are very sensitive, what I've noticed with the Captivate is that it seems to require you hold the button down for a few milliseconds opposed to a quick tap, it may be a feature meant to discourage accidental clicks. I think the limited backlight time is meant to save battery.

Both observations are strictly speculation.

9. deeps29

deeps29 Member

These buttons work way better with LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher instead of TouchWiz.

10. jesterkiller

jesterkiller Member

^^ i noticed since i switched to LauncherPro its more responsive

11. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

There's the issue too of some of the phones have a defective "back" button where the sensor is not lined up right or something apparently because you have to push well below the button for it to register (the search, home, and menu are OK)

12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

This can be annoying though, especially when you think you pressed the button and then the backlight turns off

13. delta45

delta45 Member

I get this too - on some occasions (especially with the Back button) I either have to press it firmly, or instead of my index finger, use my thumb to make it respond.

14. ricardo001

ricardo001 Active Member

Is there a specific spot or spots on each capacitive switch that has to be touched to activate? I tried probing each switch with just a small point of my index finger and I could not get a response from the switches. So my guess is that there must be a couple of small areas around each individual switch that has to be touched at the same time to initiate an action. It would make sense to do something like this so just brushing up against the switches doesn't cause an action.

15. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

I've found that the buttons work best if you press the button & then hold & slide your finder down/off the phone in one motion.

16. ereece

ereece New Member

I've been frustrated with this too. I've found that when the buttons are lite, they are responsive. When they are dark, that's when they don't respond very well. I either have to hold longer or press harder (may be just the perception of harder). I've gotten into the habit that when I need to hit the bottom buttons I hitting the screen to lite the buttons and then they work fine.

17. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member

About one of the few positive things I can say about the backflip, is the 3 buttons at the bottom are absolutely fanstastic. I find it MUCH harder to use the Cappy's buttons.

T

18. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Try this: Start your finger at the top of the button (or where the screen ends) and slide your finger down until your finger slides off the device...

A guy over at Android Central suggested this, and it seems to work well for some. I, though, don't have much of a problem with the touch sensitive buttons...

19. naxir

naxir Well-Known Member

My monitor has a capacitive touch power button. Initially I thought you had to run your finger from one side of it to the other to make it work because it worked every time, so it was kind of natural that I slide my finger on the ones for the phone. sliding vertically works well. I really do wish I had hard buttons though.