Fix for not receiving texts?Support

Last Updated:

1. rhdins

rhdins Member

I am having the problem where I can't receive text messages. I can send them, and send and receive mms, just not receive texts. If I put my sim card in another att phone and make a call, then put it back in my phone, I will start getting all my text messages.

Anyone know of a permanent fix for this? Or what causes it? Thanks.

2. SlappyMcgee

SlappyMcgee Well-Known Member

Had a friend having similar issue with her phone. But her case was that she wouldn't receive any text until she made or received a call.

I had her go through and uninstall alot of junk apps from her phone some that were not even on the market anymore and she has not had a problem since.
  3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

i had this problem. after a factory reset it happened again so i went to an att store and ended up with a new sim and now it has worked fine.
  4. SlappyMcgee

Hey good Call on that. Try that out as well.
  5. rhdins

rhdins Member

That might work (a new sim card), but I don't see that as a fix. Who's to say it won't start happening with my new sim card.

I've googled it and I'm not the only one that has had this problem, so it seems like it's a captivate problem and not a problem with the sim card.

Any other ideas on a permanent fix?
  6. SlappyMcgee

When troubleshooting you have to start somewhere. Go with the new SIM it shouldnt cost you anything and if the problem continues. Try uninstalling some apps.
  7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

yeah new sim was free. the text problem was happening alot for me like 2-3x a month. factory reset was a temp fix and i was ready to assualt someone with my phone next time it did that. so i went into the store and complained the guy was like well have you tried a reset, to which i almost slapped him. after explaining the extent of the problem he was like well lets try a new sim cant hurt and its free. and they gave me an extra battery :)
  8. bjc72

bjc72 New Member

Any fix for not receiving texts on the Samsung Captivate? I'm having the same problem with a brand new SIM card, reset, and mutiple calls with ATT Support.