Fix for quirk? My phone continually scrolls to the rightSupport

Last Updated:

1. DDuyan

DDuyan New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought my phone was possessed but I know others have had this problem. I still haven't seen a fix for it though. No mater what I'm doing, my HTC Incredible will just scroll all the way to the right. If I'm in an app or attempting to type a message, the screen looks possessed with all the available buttons lighting up randomly. While this is happening I basically lose all control over my phone. I can't scroll back to the left, I can't type what I want, etc. The phone has a mind of its own! I went to the Verizon store and they said I had probably downloaded an app with a virus and they had to wipe out my phone to fix it. Well, that inconvenience did not fix the problem. Even with no "non-factory" apps installed on my phone it still scrolled to the right uncontrollably. The Verizon tech insisted that this was because I downloaded apps, but at this point there were no downloaded apps on the phone and I only download apps via the market, nowhere else.

Anyhow, is there a fix for this???

THANK YOU!

Advertisement
  2. Willtrvl

Willtrvl Well-Known Member

Check your Track ball/ track pad make sure its clean...

3. manifested

manifested New Member

This happened to me too. I turned it off, plugged it in, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. When I turned it back on, it was ok.

Though from the sounds of it, you probably would've gone through that already if you've done a factory reset.

Keep us updated.

4. bklynjim

bklynjim New Member

This just happened to me as well. Uncontrollable for 2 minutes and now working fine. Strange.

5. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

It's the Trackpad.
    It's the Trackpad.
    It's theTrackpad.
    TRACKPAD
    TRACKPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clean it. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably a defective Trackpad.