1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Fix for the yellow tint?Support

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

If found this app whilst trawling through some threads on XDA regarding the screen issues: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kovit.p.filteryourscreen

It works to a degree, if I play about with the settings, whites certainly look better than they do stock, but I'm concerned about long term damage to my screen? Would it be an issue?

Whilst I do have a yellowish tint that's totally noticeable on white backgrounds, I don't find it that big an issue (certainly not a deal breaker), so if there's any danger of long term screen damage, I'll stop using the app.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Doesn't the Z1's 4.2.2 firmware have WB adjustment in Settings/Display? :confused:
  3. El Presidente

Nope. :(

The only config options I have are X-Reality, Brightness & Optimized Backlight.

I've only played with the original Z briefly, but you guys have much more options don't you?
  4. Slug

Hmm, that's a surprising omission. :confused:

Yup, but the Z doesn't have the new X-Reality/Triluminous display. Perhaps WB adjustment is done automatically, kind of like how the Bravia Engine (supposedly) optimises contrast and colour?
  5. El Presidente

Maybe, it's not doing a particularly good job though.

As above, it's not a deal breaker, but compare the whites to my old Nexus 4 (or even my One X) and the difference is like night and day.

My serial number is BH904*** so according to this thread, it's (apparently) the type of screen used: [Q] Display verified by serial / build number - xda-developers

There's another firmware update in the pipeline, maybe that will offer some additional WB options.

Reckon there's any long term "danger" to using the filter app in the OP?
  6. Slug

Hmm, it does suggest that there's a calibration issue with many of the panels.

I'd be wary of causing 'burn-in' by using a blue filter to counter the yellow tint myself.
    El Presidente likes this.
  7. El Presidente

I thought that would be the answer.

A yellow hue is definitely preferential to a damaged screen. :)
  8. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

Was this a software or a hardware issue? I just bought myself a Z1 and will be delivered on Monday, should I expect any issues with the yellow tint?
  9. El Presidente

I'm guessing hardware, I've had 3 handsets all with differing degrees of yellow tint.

My 3rd is pretty much perfect though. :)
    psyxologos likes this.
  10. jessie1775

jessie1775 New Member

I didn't have any yellow tint issues. I bought mine from amazon in October.
  11. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

Well, I hope they have sorted the problem by now. As mine comes with the 4.3 update from the box, it makes me think it is a latest built and hopefully will not have the issues..