• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FIXED!!4-12]Root+recovery on 4.1.2 without downgrade

Sorry about kicking an old thread...

I have a bone stock Stellar that has the OTA update to ME1 (I200VRBME1) and has never been messed with. Does anyone know if I need to follow the whole process with downgrade/re-upgrade or if I can simply use the ME1 one-click? Common sense would say that is the case, but I don't want to wind up with a new paperweight.

Has anyone done an initial root on ME1 using the the ME1 one-click?

Thanks...

Upvote 0
Sorry about kicking an old thread...

I have a bone stock Stellar that has the OTA update to ME1 (I200VRBME1) and has never been messed with. Does anyone know if I need to follow the whole process with downgrade/re-upgrade or if I can simply use the ME1 one-click? Common sense would say that is the case, but I don't want to wind up with a new paperweight.

Has anyone done an initial root on ME1 using the the ME1 one-click?

Thanks...

Just download ME1 root and run it.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to root the Stellar for a friend of mine. He received it as a replacement phone from Verizon. After I click on the Start button the following appears on the screen then hangs:
-Status of your flash will appear here-<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

I've waited for several hours... what could I be doing wrong? The phone still looks the same...
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1200
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

ANDROID MAN

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

Any ideas what I could/should do different?

Upvote 0
Did you put the phone in download mode ?? :dontknow:
Did the small box turn yellow ?? :dontknow:

1 Put your phone in download mode.
2 Open the odin package on your desktop, or wherever it is.
3 Plug the phone in with USB cable.
4. Click start on the package.
5. The small box will turn yellow, and show a COM:number, to indicate that it detects your phone.

If you still need help, send me a private message, and then post your question or problem here on the forum. This way, I can get back to you as soon as possible, and others can learn from our posts. :)

Upvote 0
Did you put the phone in download mode ?? :dontknow:
Did the small box turn yellow ?? :dontknow:

1 Put your phone in download mode.
2 Open the odin package on your desktop, or wherever it is.
3 Plug the phone in with USB cable.
4. Click start on the package.
5. The small box will turn yellow, and show a COM:number, to indicate that it detects your phone.

If you still need help, send me a private message, and then post your question or problem here on the forum. This way, I can get back to you as soon as possible, and others can learn from our posts. :)
Thanks a lot! I got the phone rooted. I did two things differently than before and don't know which one made the difference.
#1: I plugged into a different USB port on computer.
#2: I plugged the USB cable into the phone AFTER I had opened the ODIN package. Before I had the USB cable plugged in BEFORE.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0
OK...
Ran the one-click downloader -- Great tool by the way!
Everything seemed to go fine. No glitches, SuperSU is installed, apps that request root are supposedly granted access. Installed busybox just in case, and it installed fine.

Loaded up ES File Explorer. Enabled root access in it and SuperSU claims it was granted but I cannot delete, change permission or otherwise modify system apps that I want to delete, such as the Amazon crap.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Yeah, looks like I screwed the pooch somewhere -- me, not the root tool.
Got the permissions issue sorted, but something I tried tipped off the system that there was a mod... on boot I now get an icon of an open lock with the word "custom". Eh, it's never going back to big red anyway :)

Thanks again to everyone for the assistance

Upvote 0
It happened on the Legend. Luckily Verizon has software for upgrades and repairs. You need to put the Samsung in Download Mode, and the software reinstalled the sock 4.12 firmware. i have not yet found a way to Root etc. I wanted to use the phone on Selectel a Verizon MVNO but no dice, it's only good for a Verizon Pre paid Plan. No big deal..

Upvote 0
somy galaxy legend is successfully rooted and working great but i am walking on egg shells on what i do with it because i cant seem to get a twrp recovery and i do need one. i tried goo maneger and it will say started download but nothing will happen ive even tried flashing it through odin but that doesntnt work either does anyone know what i need to do to get it?

Upvote 0
I havnt found a successful way to root it without a computer when you do hey a hold of a computer u can use cydiad impactor to root it

Hey Zoned out . . . care to elaborate on that?
I have impactor 0.9.14 I downloaded. I can't yet post links on this forum
but I found it here on Phandroid in the samsung-galaxy-stellar-4g-lte thread.

I am still debating the initial purchase of the Legend - but I want to
be able to save and run apps from the sd card. I'm assuming that I'll need
to achieve root to be able to accomplish this. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I also want to run Nova launcher but I am currently using an HTC
incredible and its running Gingerbread. I am on the $60/2gig verizon PP
- simply because its the only tower around for miles.

Thanks all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones