[Fixed]Default SD Card content

Last Updated:

1. mill

mill Member This Topic's Starter

I accidentally formated my HTC hero default SD card (due to misunderstanding the SD card is unformatted when I can't see with PC). :eek:

I would like to put back all the htc hero SD card default content. I can't do that with reset the htc hero phone or some unformatted freeware. So can someone please help me on this ? either send me all the htc hero default contents in zip or point me to a site to download them.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

4. mill

Thank you so much for the user manual, HTCSync and DCIM.

I check some old post and found that below are the default file and folder (as I never got to see my own Hero's SD card content):

DCIM (got it)
    MP3
    usermanual (I assume inside is the usermanual pdf, downloaded)
    HTCSync2.0.4.exe (downloaded)
    .footprints
    rosie_scroll
    albumthumbs
    .bokmark_thumb1

can someone help me to get the mp3 folder and other folder content ? or at least tell me what are inside those folder. some might be empty by default. I just don't know what I lost...:(

Thank you very much for all the help.

5. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

when i put a new sd card in my hero it asked me to reformat. so i did. all the folders have since recreated themselves.

6. mill

After format (that is what I did wrongly), there will have DCIM, .footprints, roise_scroll and a tmp folder, but insides is empty, don't have any files. I am trying to get back all the folders and files.

7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Mill, you've pretty much already got everything you need. The MP3 folder just had a few sample music files, and the rest of the folders will be recreated and repopulated automatically by their respective apps.

8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

+1 for wot the Q-man sed. :)

The first thing I do with any card on first use in my Hero is copy files I want to retain off to disk and then format the card to start with a 'clean sheet'. Any folders required are indeed recreated automatically, so you're missing nothing of importance.

9. AshleyJFordham

AshleyJFordham New Member

i done the exact same thing and now i cant go on my wireless controls/settings any ideas? i have a HTC Hero Graphite / Orange

Ash