[Fixed]How do I stop the screen turning off while I'm making a call?

Last Updated: 2012-08-03 12:06:31
  1. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

I know this has probably been asked before but I've tried searching and can't find the answer.

Advertisement
  2. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

"Screebl Lite" App may help you. Check it out.
  3. david83

thanks i'll give it a try. i hope it works, im getting tired of apps that don't work.
  4. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

Yes! It works!!!
    I never noticed this on call. I just now completed a ~10 minute call and this app never let the screen go off.
  5. Yeah_Mick

Yeah_Mick Active Member

i just press the call button to re light the screen, is that too hard for people?
  6. david83

Yes it's too hard for me. I've hung up a few times. Its confusing because I use the end call key to lock/unlock the phone. Why can't you just tap the screen to wale it up?
  7. Asmo

Asmo Member

Because it may unlock accidentally pressed against you face.
  8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I've ended quite a few calls by pressing it on my face at the beginning of a call before it turns itself off, can't image why anyone would want the screen to stay on!
  9. david83

F
    When making/recieving calls the phone should LOCK but the screen should remain ON. It's not a big ask.
  10. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

My LG Dare was smart enough to lock the screen when one put the handset to the face, and unlock it when not at the face....it's a shame my Hero can't behave the same way!
  11. bankuru

bankuru New Member

Yea, my LG Arena had a proximity sensor near the speaker and turns off the screen when close to face or any object. Once the object is out of the way it re lights the screen...:cool:
  12. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Search proximity sensor on the market, locks the phone when near your face, and unlocks when taken away. I like it but don't use it because I think keeping the screen on when in a call kills battery life uneccesarily.
  13. david83

thanks for this! I've just downloaded it and ill let you know how i get on.
  14. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Unless you have the Hero from Verizon (called HTC Eris), your handset doesn't have the proximity sensor hardware.
  15. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Wrong, this software uses the light sensor and it works on the UK Hero.
  16. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Ah, that sounds neat. Thanks for the info.
  17. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

No problem, and technically you weren't wrong - sorry.
  18. digitaldave

digitaldave New Member

Just tried the proximity sensor from the market and it works on my Telus Hero.
  19. david83

Really impressed with this app so far, no problems on my Hero. Great use of the light sensor. Also, it's good because it locks the phone straight away so you dont hang up by pressing your cheek against the screen.
  20. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

BOOM BOOM POW! take that eris owners...lol i jus downloaded the app and it works awsome!
  21. yun1958

yun1958 New Member

:) I'd download App to my Sumsung Galaxy S3. It worked-The screen never turn off when making a call. Super!!!