• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Fixed]Unwanted google contacts...

Hi all

I'm a newbie, so please be gentle. I have no doubt that there is a very obvious solution to this problem, but I just can't figure it out. :thinking:

When I synched my Hero with my google account, it imported all the contact associated with that account. I actually don't use gmail as my primary email but as a secondary work/spam type account, so obviously I have a lot of addresses and contacts saved in there that I never use. These are now all clogging up my contacts list on the Hero.

Firstly, I can't seem to actually delete a contact. How the heck do you do this? Clicking on them seems only to bring up 'call' and 'text' options. I have quite a lot I want to delete, so this is a problem.

Secondly, if I do at a later stage want to associate my phone with a different gmail address - perhaps a new one I've set up specifically for use with the phone then how easy will this be? Will I have to do a 'factory reset' to synch it with the new account, or is there a 'switch user' option or similar?

many thanks - this is a total pain!

Ok, so first of all if you don't want to see Google Contacts in your People app you should do this:

go to People > press Menu(physical button) > View > and uncheck Google

And secondly you don't need to do a factory reset to change google account.

Looks like there's a way of sorting this without the need for a reset.

Firstly you need to press - Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Apps > "Clear data" > OK.

This will delete the Google account details on your mobile.

To enter new details press - Settings > Data Synchronization > Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter your new account details and all should be good again :D

Full credit to Dr Hotdog for this.

Chegs.
(c)http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/9945-fixed-i-want-use-different-gmail-account.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones