Fixes for three Jelly Bean problemsTips

1. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Although Jelly Bean brought some good features, it also caused some problems. Here are three work-arounds I found:

Dimmer notification light. The notification is not as bright as it was, making it at times difficult to see. This was mentioned my a number of people, and confirmed by Verison. The fix is the Light Flow app; it doesn't have a brightness control, but seems to restore the brightness to pre-JB levels.

Notification sounds are lower. My calendar notification sounds are lower with JB, even set to maximum volume. The SpeakerBooster app has helped.

Blocking Mode and Verizon. Blocking Mode is an inherent part of JB, and passed onto the S3 by Samsung. For some reason, Verizon decided we didn't need it. In order to get it, use the QuickShortcutMaker app to put a shortcut on the home screen. Other providers have it in Settings (and at least one in the switches at the top of the pull-down shade), but at least Verizon subscribers can use it.

Advertisement
    funkylogik likes this.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yes as for the first one, it uses the light sensor to gauge how bright the LED should be so its not as bright in darker environments, making things like sleep less annoying to achieve.

However, verizon being verizon, who knows what they've done to it :)
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

does light sensor adjust the not' LED mate? is that only with auto brightness on?
    cheers bro