• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fixes to Known Issues

Asterdroid

Android Expert
Mar 24, 2010
Providence
plus.google.com
So, in an effort to make it a little easier for people to find issues to known problems, I decided to put together a thread with a summary of solutions to known problems with the phone. Please reply to the thread with solutions to current issues with the Incredible or Android in general, and I will update the original post accordingly. I'm hoping we can get this stickied, so if you like the idea, report the post and request that it be stickied :)

1. Problem: I keep accidentally calling people when I'm trying to open their contact card.

Solution: There is an application that asks you to confirm any time you dial/call a number. It's available here: Call Confirm.

2. Problem: When I try to listen to music through an auxiliary cable or headphones, the music stops playing, skips through songs, activates the voice dialer, and does some other unusual things.

Solutions: The problem is that the phone is recognizing the device you've connected to the headphone jack as a headset with a microphone, and is trying to extablish a 2-way connection to the device instead of just a line-out. This is an issue with both the phone and the cable you are using. There are actually a couple solutions to this problem.

a. If you are having this issue with a line-out, auxiliary cable, you can just replace the cable with a cable that uses different shielding. The Gigaware gold-plated cables are readily available at Radio Shack and have been tested/proven to solve this issue. In fact I use one myself.

b. A less expensive solution, especially if the issue is with your headphones and you don't want to replace them, is to download a widget available here: Headset Blocker. It does exactly what the name implies. It's a toggle widget that allows you to block all incoming headset controls.

3. Problem: My calendar colors do not match the colors I have assigned to them within Google Calendar.

Solution: Only use the bottom three rows of colors in Google Calendar. Currently they are the only colors that are recognized by mobile devices.

As I stated above, please reply to this thread with any other fixes to known issues, and I will update the post accordingly. My goal is to have a one stop post for people to go to for fixes to known problems.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones