• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fixing and Avoiding the "Low on Space" error

I highly recommend rooting and going with one zach.xtr's roms XTRsense (if you like sense) or XTRrom if you don't care for sense. They are very very stable and smooth (smoother than stock if I remember right). With rootroot, cache2cach, apps to SD, and overclocking (not to mention all the cool apps available for rooted devices) you can't lose IMHO.
Plus, you have oodles of support from someof the best here and over on XDA.
I owe so much to these guys and gals.

Old thread, but adding my $0.02 to possibly help the next person who finds that they could use some extra space!

I had installed a different messaging app (handcent), browser (dolphin), and a handful each of fun, utility, social, travel apps, etc.

Remaining space was around 20-30 mb, which was about as low as I was comfortable going - so no more apps for me, and I had to be viligent on deleting old messages, clearing caches, etc.

I read great things about xtrSENSE, especially for people like me who like the layout and feel of the stock interface. So last night I rooted and flashed that rom, and spent a bit of time re-installing the apps, wallpaper, etc. to get the phone back to my "old" setup.

But now, my "old" setup, with the same apps installed, has 100+ mb free (compared to 20-30 mb before)!! WOW :)

I am no expert on the subject of rooting, but know enough to point you towards the GREAT subforum. Measure twice, cut once, and it's a painless procedure that has little to zero downsides.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones