FL26 Update - Has anyone who is rooted not installed it yet?

1. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member

If anyone rooted that has not installed the FL26 update, could you download the update and then pull the update.zip from the /cache partition. It may contain the modem.bin for the FL26 modem and if so I can make a CWM flashable FL26 modem zip!

Advertisement
    notebooko likes this.
  2. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Well-Known Member

i've had mt phone on the FL26 unrooted all day what do you want me to pull for you ? i fear no flash or the emmc bug. i've already got the update fl12 to fl26 signed. You want me to upload you that ads well ?

Link: http://d-h.st/I6O FL26 modem
    notebooko and TheBritton like this.
  3. ckpcw

ckpcw New Member

Looks like you already got what you needed, but w/e.. here's a zip I just pulled.
    Was on agat's kernal for a while now - about to update to your cm10. thanks!

EDIT - Haha.. can't post links, being such a noob and all... lets see if we can hack this..
    hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/29060599/dec50402c727.update_SPH-D710VMU_FJ12_to_FL26-1.zip
  4. exProphecy

exProphecy Well-Known Member

If we were to install this manually, where do we push the modem.bin to?
  5. Raxid

Raxid Well-Known Member

This modem.bin file has been setup into a zip file installable through CWM or AGAT recovery.

Its downloadable in the third post in the CM10.1 thread.
    steeljack99, ohno900 and exProphecy like this.
  6. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

i have a question, can someone explain to me what the advantage would be to switch to the FL26 modem VS the Fj12 modem? i have a bit of an idea as to what i THINK a modem does but can you explain what a modem is and what would be the point of just upgrading it instead of keeping my old Fj12 since all my data connections are working fine and i used a flashable ziped apk to kill my OTA update prompts.

EDIT: i did google what a modem was and what the point of updating one was for an found no good info on it
  7. lilnono93

lilnono93 Member

I'm rooted and haven't updated yet, I would imagine after a week you've found what you're looking for, but just in case, I'll send you a PM with the link.
  8. steeljack99

he did, did you read the thread?
  9. steeljack99

answer please? :confused:
  10. steeljack99

wow... its like no one on he internet knows the answer to this..... or wont answer :(