flah enabling update killed my mic???

Last Updated: 2010-09-07 16:25:37
  1. tgreene73

tgreene73 New Member

Hi guys,
    I recently updated the ota update to 2.2 and flash works great but my phones mic is not working at all ,when I put phone on speaker the folks on the other end of the line hear me fine but when hold it and speak without speaker phone,they hear nothing, not hitting mute button by accidentcause I have tried holding phone in front of my face as well but still thy cannot hear me??any advice?? Is this happening to anyone else??

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Flah? lol just kidding

anyway, i dont see how the update could cause hardware problems (besides those battery and processor related). Have you called tech support about it. I have heard about mic problems but that was before the froyo update. It could just be your droid.

EDIT: There's also the possibility of water damage. A tiny drop of water could have made its way.
  3. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to my phone, but with the first 2.2 OTA update. I called Verizon and I guess this is a known problem and there is no fix. They call it "one way audio". It is a software problem that has disabled the microphone capabilities. I was sent out a replacement phone (well more like 3, but that is a whole other story).
    Thornfullessrose likes this.
  4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

WELL TIE MY FUR!!!! The software did cause the mic to quit. My bad OP, i didnt know it could effect that. you can scratch my post then. thanks BabyRN
  5. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

LOL, who would of thought? Right? No worries... :) But then this was coming from a Verizon tech, so I can not speak for the accuracy :) Regardless, they replaced the phone :D