Flan Gallery Display Issue*FixSupport

Last Updated:

1. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have notice people mention that those using the Flan Gallery have some issues with the pictures displaying on the menu grid. I have found that by renaming the fils to end with .jpg it makes them show up with no issues. I previously had blank squares until I selected the photo. Hope this helps others.

Advertisement
  2. troublefunk

troublefunk Active Member

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Previously only about half of the thumbnail images were showing up. The thing is all my camera pics already have .jpg extensions. Most of my background images had .png extension and none of those thumbnails would show up. The pics would show fine when selected, just no previews. So I decided to try your advice and I renamed just one of those background images with the .png extension to .jpg. Just to see what would happen. Launched the gallery and low and behold every last one of my pics now has a thumbnail. I have no clue as to how or even why that worked. Maybe renaming a file forces the program to regenerate all thumbnails. Who knows but their showing and I'm happy again. Thanks.

3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Hmm, not sure exactly what you guys mean. I think all mine show up already? Gotta check...

4. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I'll try that. I've been having the same issue. I was going to try to clear all of the thumbnail cache and see what would happen, but I'll try that first. I have the same combination of jpgs and pngs.

5. latinmaxima

I have a few left I need to do. The difference being I normally remove everything from my phone every weekend to the computer. I only keep wallpapers and music mostly on the phone. All the pictures I take I add to the comp at home so I can keep playing with the phone without fear of having to flash something or taking up space on the sd card. Hope this helps everyone who has this issue.

6. Eazail70x7

Ok, I started having this Flan Gallery display a couple days ago now. I renamed a bunch of my bmp's and png's to .jpg's in multiple folders and still no fix...?

What can I do now?

7. latinmaxima

Not sure man. It worked for me for some reason. Hope you can figure it out. This was one reason many went back to the original gallery. I like this one though is nicer and works fine when I rename the files.

8. Eazail70x7

Do I have to rename all of them?

9. latinmaxima

I only renamed the ones that didn't show up.

10. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Most of my image files already had the .jpg extension in the file name, and very few of them showed up in Flan gallery. Worse, it was very inconsistent in displaying thumbnails. Usually it would display perhaps 10% of them. Once (and only once) it worked pretty well and showed thumbnails for all my pictures. Sometimes it wouldn't show ANY thumbnails.

Besides, it's glitchy, slow, and needlessly complicated. I ended up deleting Flan gallery. It obviously needs a CPU more in line with the Nexus One to work properly. The stock gallery is much better.

11. Eazail70x7

Mine used to work great and it looked great too. Dangit. I'll try to rename every single one of the .jpg and see if it works... (So tedious)

12. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member

I got rid of flan gallery due to glitches and also strange pixelated lines that would appear/disappear. When I had my HTC Vogue(Sprint Touch), I was able to download several photo gallery apps from xda-developers site. Arent' there any album/gallery type apps in the marketplace that we could use?

13. latinmaxima

For those having issues I wonder what else is different. Do you have camera apps such as fx camera or are they pictures sent to you from other phones. I notice this more in my downloads or camera pictures folders. Other folders and thumnails show ok. Maybe we can narrow this down wth more digging.

14. Mama Luigi

Nope, all the camera pictures were taken with my phone's own camera. I think I have one picture from an MMS and that's it. I do have a lot of wallpapers and stuff that I've downloaded, but whether previews load or not is completely intermittent. Assuming any thumbnails load at all, there's usually at least one or two camera pictures that have thumbnails but many more that don't, even though they were taken using the same camera.

I also get the lines and other weird glitches that look like what a graphics card does when it doesn't have the right drivers.

I just don't think the flan gallery was meant for an underpowered phone like the Moment. Or maybe this is just one of those weird random problems that doesn't affect everyone equally. Some people have had problems with the market, but I haven't had any. I deleted the thumbnail cache for the flan gallery and after restarting it worked pretty well, but not long after that it refused to load the thumbnails again. Every time I restart the phone it works differently.

Oh yeah, I am running DD10 with noobnl's custom ROM.

15. Eazail70x7

How do you delete the thumbnail cache for the flan gallery?

16. Mama Luigi

BOOM! Switched back to Calkulin's DD10 ROM from noobnl's ROM and after fixing the "no apps in the market" problem and reinstalling everything AGAIN, flan gallery now works perfectly! Thumbnails load quickly and consistently, and it hasn't gone back to its old behavior even after several reboots.

Not blaming noobnl's ROM or anything. Just my personal experience. Still seems pretty random.