• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash 10.1 Anyone? Root and 2.2 not needed.

Tried it out with Dolphin Browser HD, didn't work. If anything, just made the browser slower.

Did you try the mini clip website? I was able to play a few games off that site. I didn't see the browser get slower though. seemed the same.

I just logged onto ESPN to check out if the Fantasy baseball page work.....it did...soooo sweet. I can't believe I didn't see this before.

Upvote 0
I forget how to verify which version of Flash I have installed (I've been super tired/headache/dizzy all day. No idea, must be the weather) but I know I had Flash installed out of the box and it was letting me watch random flash videos (like shutupwomangetonmyhorse.com)

How do I check which version of Flash I have installed?

Upvote 0
Dumb question - how do I install it once I've downloaded the .zip?

Never a dumb question, only repeated questions, which this one I have not seen lol. You need to enable installing apps from unknown sources:
From the main home screen - Menu/settings/applications. Check the box for Unknown sources.

Once you do that copy the apk to your SD card to a location that you know. Then use an app called Astro File Manager to find the file and install it to the phone.

I forget how to verify which version of Flash I have installed (I've been super tired/headache/dizzy all day. No idea, must be the weather) but I know I had Flash installed out of the box and it was letting me watch random flash videos (like shutupwomangetonmyhorse.com)

How do I check which version of Flash I have installed?

Menu/settings/applications/Manage applications and look for adobe flash. If you have 10.1 installed you will see Adobe Flash Player 10.1

Upvote 0
yes, It does work.

Sites I originally tried it on don't but no big deal.

Too bad the only flash games I can play are one that use the mouse.

And even with mouse only games, the screen wants to move around. Games on m.kongregate.com/games aren't bad.

If I double tap, the game will open in separate window that does not move.. but force closes alot.

I guess we'll just have to wait for games optimized for touch screen?

Upvote 0
Looking on the forums where people are posting about it, all the sites they claim now work already work on our Evo's flash-lite.

Flash games? Already work
Streaming videos? Already work (on sites that allow mobiles to watch)

I'd avoid it at this time, at least until we have better word if this is malware or not.

Upvote 0
Yes, guys, if you actually read the XDA thread this came from, you would know this does NOT function as Flash 10.1 Full. This simply forces Flash Lite to run 100%, even if you turn it off, and with less performance. Not desirable.

You can check this by looking at the version numbers of the Flash before and after you install this. You will note they are identical, because it's still Flash Lite.

Upvote 0
Yes, guys, if you actually read the XDA thread this came from, you would know this does NOT function as Flash 10.1 Full. This simply forces Flash Lite to run 100%, even if you turn it off, and with less performance. Not desirable.

You can check this by looking at the version numbers of the Flash before and after you install this. You will note they are identical, because it's still Flash Lite.

Maybe its not desirable for you, but its making sites work that I have been wanting to visit that use flash. I have not noticed any less performance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones