1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Flash 10.1 For Sprint Hero 2.1 No Root Needed

1. openupshop

openupshop Member

Did you know with the new HTC Sync you can install APK files? I have included the link for the new HTC Sync 2.0.40 and the APK file for Flash 10.1

1st install the new HTC Sync software here: HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Hero? (Sprint) - Downloads

Then download the Flash APK here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Plug in your Hero and choose the Sync option. Browse for the APK file and install your Flash file. You should then see an install screen on your Hero. Hit install and you are good to go!

You can verify if it was installed correctly by opening up your mobile browser and going to: What Is My Flash Version?

Thanks,

Chris

Advertisement
    matchosan and cbarth3 like this.
  2. matchosan

matchosan New Member

thanks. Didn't know how to check what version I had, or how to prove what version so I could show off what I got. Too bad games don't play very well.
  3. sdott313

sdott313 New Member

useful info thanks
  4. joebob36

joebob36 Member

I have installed twice, whatismyflash.com reports installed flash player: None (or Disabled)
    Any ideas?
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I read about this a few weeks ago and was under the impression that it did not work correctly or, in some cases, at all with the Sprint HTC Hero. It supposedly integrated with the Flash Lite code that already existed on our handsets, but a lot of people still only saw the Flash Lite version of objects and not the Flash 10.1 version that they were hoping for.

That being said, even if it does work, I am pretty sure the usability will be rather low given the required specifications outlined by Adobe for Flash 10.1 on the Android platform. Sadly, our handsets just do not cut the mustard in that regard.
  6. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

if you're using a browser other than stock it probably won't report correctly.
  7. joebob36

joebob36 Member

That was it, I was using Opera. It reports correctly with stock browser.
  8. LBPHeretic

So, can anyone give us a quick review on how well it works on the Sprint HTC Hero? I would love to hear some real world information about it.

How are Flash videos that are played in the browser? How are Flash games?
  9. joebob36

joebob36 Member

Videos excellent here. Haven't tried games.
  10. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Did a Sense restart everytime I tried it. Had to uninstall.
  11. RKMJ

RKMJ Active Member

Has anyone checked their flash version before doing this? I decided to check just to confirm the change and whatismyflash.com reported that I was running 10.1.123 before I even did anything. I'm not rooted and running on Sprint's release of 2.1 with the OTA update.
  12. Boozer

Boozer Member

Same here...
  13. Qnz92Lude

Qnz92Lude Active Member

10.1.123 is what whatismyflash.com reported on my hero as well.
  14. LBPHeretic

Yes, this is pretty much what I read a couple weeks back. People were finding that it reports Flash 10.1 in their web browser, but it was still using Flash Lite functionality.

Can anyone verify if websites that REQUIRE Flash 10.1 work with this .apk? I am still on the fence about installing it on my handset.
  15. RKMJ

RKMJ Active Member

My phone is reporting 10.1 without even installing any flash upgrades.
  16. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member

10.1 with dolphin HD
  17. FreaKnNuts

FreaKnNuts New Member

Sprint update 2.1, using stock browser Installed Flash Player: 10.1.123
  18. LBPHeretic

My handset's web browser is also reporting the same version people have noted above. I checked it yesterday.

I find that strange because it is using the stock Flash Lite plug-in. I wonder why it reports it as Flash 10.1 unless that just happens to be the internal version number for Flash Lite on the Sprint HTC Hero.