Flash 10.1 Lag Problems

Last Updated:

1. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the flash app using the suggested Appbrain last week. Since installing, I am seeing a lot of lag overall.

I am also having problems with flash itself. I kind of expected it with 3g, but not on Wifi.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. bikemonkeys

bikemonkeys Member

Go into the browser, settings, Enable plug-ins and set it to on demand. That will make things faster.

Bramsy and RandolphNY like this.
  3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Flash is definitely choppy on videos not optimized for mobile. Although, I don't know which videos would be optimized for mobile. I'm hoping that the next 2.2 release (FRG22) will have something it that allows Flash to run smoother. Incidentally, which sites are running smooth Flash for others?

4. Turbo Ninja CPA

Turbo Ninja CPA Active Member

I've used break.com as my base. On the new "official" flash it is very smooth. The website does the annoying ad during the video but other then the hiccup when the ad engages it works very well. Audio and video are synced. I looked at a few other websites that said the not optimized for mobile and the videos were just like before. Super choppy and completely unwatchable.

Just an FYI I was stock then rooted to see if I could get better performance with the FRG22 but it was pretty much the same (I read that FRG22 was better compatible with Flash but it looks like it may just letting the phone find flash in the market). While browsing and load times were slightly better with LFY 1.4 and chevy 1.1LV it basically played the same. It was fun being rooted again but I always worry about warranty issues so I'll probably go back to stock since it doesn't add that much for me personally.

5. sranger

sranger Well-Known Member

Unless FRG22D brings hardware acceleration, I do not think Flash will ever work well on the Droid. It is choppy, buggy, and well does not work well...

It looks like a 1Ghz + hardware video acceleration is really needed to make the video actually something that you would wan to watch....

6. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking the same thing. Whats funny though is how some non flash apps with videos work such as nfl, hsn and qvc.

Oh well, its a start.

7. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Then how do we explain the Flash videos being shown stutter free on the DROID when Adobe was touting Flash on the DROID?

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

They were probably showing off videos that were optimized for mobile.

9. sranger

sranger Well-Known Member

I am guessing that they were a highly over clocked droid.....

10. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

idk guys the new flash player release runs solid on the droid. load up youtube in browser and play it at 480 next the the droid x running the same video and there is no difference. seems to me the new version is hardware accelerated

11. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

Check out which version of flash you are using. The beta 3 version works well. I've read that the non-beta version was optimized for the Nexus one not the Droid.

12. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Well i am new at the phone stuff but i do know that when any new application /Programs come out for anything there is usually going to be Flaws in the system and it's all about trial and error . Adobe will release it and im sure there will be problems with it but they probably will fix the issues. Just think about it its a NEW Feature that has never been on a smart phone which is pretty awesome if you think about it so i suggest find a different one that is smother at the moment or just hunker down and Waite for adobe to Release the real one and if its the same just Waite they will put out a update to fix it i am pretty sure . So Enjoy Flash for the first time on a phone .

That's just my opinion on it well good luck
    Tugdaturtle

13. wags1992

wags1992 Well-Known Member

Has adobe put flash market yet? I thought it was suppose to be on there on the 18th. I cannot find it on the market. If not can someone give me a link that has the good version of flash.

14. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Adobe has not released it yet as far as i know for droid on the market

15. PridgNYC

PridgNYC Well-Known Member

The non-beta version works well for me on the droid, much better than beta 3. Hopefully the new version that we will be able to download from the market after verizon finishes pushing out FRG22D will work even better. (They started the rollout today)

16. ChiefIlliniwek5

ChiefIlliniwek5 Well-Known Member

Just updated to FRG22D and installed the "official" version of Flash. I had previously used the Beta 3 and 1.0.92....etc version. All of them struggle to render the comedycentral.com web site (the desktop version that is) and the browser usually crashes when I try to make my way to Tosh.0's site. While Flash is great to have, it's not perfect. oh well