Flash 10.1 prereleased(this horse aint dead)

Last Updated:

1. aneki

aneki Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Did you realize that this was from January? This press release is not at all current. What do you mean it "dropped"?

3. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

4. SharonW

SharonW Well-Known Member

Well, it sorta is. We're nearing the finish line. That's the sprinter having just left the launch pad. From the article:

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

wait for it, lets not speculate like 2.1 was. it put expectations high and people got sad

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RandolphNY likes this.
  6. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

I heard from an adobe employee it would be out next wednesday.

;)

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

lol. I was about to flame you until I saw that winking emoticon. haha. jk I wasn't gonna flame just mock you. :p

8. aneki

aneki Active Member This Topic's Starter

9. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Android would do well to get this sh*t up and running. I know it isn't soley up to Google to do as Adobe has to create the code for it, but it would DEFINITELY help the market share and its following!

10. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

I'm already obsessed with my Droid. When and if this thing gets Flash, I wont be able to put it down.

11. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Same here. But I'm curious as to if 10.1 will allow you to do all the things on the Droid with flash, as you can on a computer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Flash 10.1 RC is available for computers, not mobile devices. I have it running on my Ion-equipped netbook and it's pretty darn awesome. What would have any ordinary netbook (or Macbook for that matter) chopping, 1080p running awesome. I'm impressed.

13. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Flash.. yawn

just like everyone clamoring for 2,1 2.1, 2.1.. then we get it and it is kind of okay but not real WOW.

when Flash comes, it will be like we got it, we got it, we got it.. now, whats next.

I mean, I make a living off the web, and I could not care less if we get Flash or not as it does not stop me from doing 1 thing on this phone. In fact, it saves me from having to look at crummy banner ads if anything.

14. GolfnDroid

GolfnDroid Well-Known Member

I have flash on my droid!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to take a picture in the dark and bam!!! Flash!!! I'm not sure what version of the flash i have but i will dig into it and let everyone know the version number of my flash on my phone the droid.

15. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

Flash on any phone is going to be a bad idea. Unless it supports the GPU, it'll just drain the battery to no end (by maxing out your CPU at 100% to decode). I just hope there's an option to disable it. Also, all the weight is on Flash to get the GPU support. Based on their current view of Linux (which is what Android runs on), that won't be any time soon. Adobe publicly despises the current 3 major hardware decoding API's on Linux.

So, if and when it does come out -- enjoy the battery drain ;)

16. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Not unless they also enable the user to turn off Flash. If they allow you to turn Flash off, then it'll be fine.

17. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

The major update in Flash 10.1 is that it supports the GPU. By using the same version number I'm sure it can be assumed that the phone GPU will also be used. Don't spout Steve Jobs babble and go watch the demo's on the Droid and the Pre. Adobe specifically mentions how they're optimizing battery life.

18. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

Flash 10.1 does not have any hardware support on Linux. Only on Windows does it support native GPU/hardware decoding. Not even the Mac is supported for hardware decoding, because of their BSD roots.

There's a blog on Adobe's site that explains why they don't support the hardware API's that Linux has (such as the very common vdpau API).

The reason I know this is because I run a Linux HTPC at home, and even with the latest RC there's no support for GPU/hardware decoding.

19. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

Penguin.SWF: Welcome to the Thicket

Link to Adobe's Flash blog which explicitly says they don't support Linux GPU/hardware decoding.

EDIT: Mac is not supported either for hardware decoding.

20. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Interesting. As you can see I'm not well versed in Linux. Well I'm just glad I'm rooted and can overclock!