Flash 10.1 working on 2.1 eclair?

Last Updated:

1. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used this method but altered a bit to instal flash 10.1 for eclair and it is indeed working.....here and there....

How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices

It was a well understood myth that only Android 2.2 Froyo was capable enough to handle Flash 10.1. But now as the story unfolds, you can install Flash 10.1 onto your Android 2.1 Eclair powered handsets without any issues. The absence of a JIT compiler and other Froyo goodies might cause some performance issues, but in the end you will be able to surf Flash enabled websites without any problems.

Here is the step by step guide on how to get Flash 10.1 on your Android 2.1 Eclair geared phone:

The first step is to download flash_for_21.zip to your computer and extract the .apk file.
    Now navigate to the market and install

Advertisement
    Simba501, bill.g and dOGHAIR like this.
  2. vapor311

no brave souls eh? I did it, it seems touch and go, would like a second user to try and see if u get the same worse or better results.

3. sanduneboi

sanduneboi Active Member

That was easy.

Went to whatismyflash.com too, and got the same thing version 9. Now for the life of me I can't remember what sites I've been too that said missing flash.

4. dOGHAIR

dOGHAIR Member

Thanks for this, I don't have time to comment much right now but its cool.
    some flash games are weird because the phone thinks you are pinch zooming the screen. But it is working. I went here, the #1 site crashes the browser but it does load for a moment.
    Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2010

5. suprsidr

suprsidr Active Member

If you've already enabled non-marked apps in settings.db, then its as easy as viewing the apk in your file mngr.
    And even easier to get the apk to your phone, use dropbox.

Awesome.

6. suprsidr

suprsidr Active Member

even after reboot, it still says 9.1

7. vapor311

Where is the setting for non market apps I've looked and looked I can't seem to find it only find allow mock applications which when turned on doesn't allow me to run apks directly from the phone. I am set to debug mode at all times and allow mock is on also.

8. vapor311

I do see though since I did it my way as first post it is running and in my running apps list I see adobe flash player 10.1 listed. Love it :)

9. vapor311

well holy shnikes its working pretty damn well if you have done this method check this pure flash site out its rated like #6 in top 10 flash sites when you google them.

www.2advanced.com

it skips on the sounds a bit but damn its sexy how well it works. its indeed truth that 10.1 flash can indeed work on eclair.

The only oddity is some sites still give u the flash 9 symbol when you go to them when clearly you can see in your running applications your running 10.1 guess its not completely bug proof but hey its a start until we get the real deal, I know samsung says sept, but i dont think ATT will give it to us then. They will hold off on it until they add more bloat ware and modify the update to their liking. Id bet more on october for froyo for the captivate for us.

10. vapor311

go into settings apps show running apps change it to show all running apps and u should see adobe 10.1 running if installed properly, the website when checking still reads 9 though, i think its still buggy to some sites.

11. vapor311

i wonder if it would be beneficial to use titanium take a full backup and remove 9.1 sits its still on the phone and 1.0 because its still on there also and give it a try, worst case is it doesnt help it and we just restore them.

thoughts?

12. sasoji

sasoji New Member

I'm using galaxy s i9000 running 2.1 i followed all the steps but it doesn't work...i tried a facebook video and it doesnt show anth but ask me to dl a flash player....can anyone help me?

13. vt6spd

vt6spd Well-Known Member

I downloaded the flash for my captivate.
    I cannot find it on my SD card- even though that is where I copied it to. I know nothing about putting it in a root folder/sub folder.
    I get an error message anyway because apparently I cannot use any aps that are not market friendly. Ugh....now what?

14. jenny wilson

jenny wilson New Member

Do you have to load it via a computer? Can you not load it direct onto a. Tablet? I have n adventt amico.

15. sindhu.nike

sindhu.nike Member

i tried it in my a60 its not working:( :mad:

16. cschad37

cschad37 Member

flash shows in my apps but not on my desktop, and it doesnt work, any suggestions

17. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

upgrade to 2.2

18. opisition1

opisition1 New Member

well idk wut your talkin about as far as i can see many ppl tried only problum is for me is if i try to load any videos on project free tv or anything like that it tells me that there is an update needed in order to play them now the question is is the apk download worth the time if its in need of an update already but this is deff a step in the right direction if it can be fixed all in all e for effort

19. opisition1

opisition1 New Member

well heres an idea why dont you go convince everyone to release an update so we dont risk bricking our phones

20. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Please people, actually take a look what forum you're posting in before you randomly reply.

The initial posting was made a year and a half ago for the (AT&T/Rogers) Samsung Captivate, a phone that has since been upgraded OTA to Froyo (2.2). If you have any other phone, the instructions in that OP aren't going to do you a lick of good.