Flash 10.1Support

Last Updated:

1. undermanger

undermanger Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new htc desire (unlocked) with Android 2.2

Probably a stupid question, but how can I tell what Flash version is installed? Does Flash appear as an app? I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere on the phone.

Whenever I try to play a Flash movie, it tells me it isn't installed and go to the Adobe site. On the Adobe site, I can't seem to work out how to download and install Flash 10.1 on my phone!

Any help / advice appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Look for it in the Android Market.

3. undermanger

Thanks. I'ver searched for Flash, Flash 10.1, adobe flash player 10.1 and various other things. All I've found is 'Adobe flash showcase'. Can you help me locate what I need please? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Hm not sure. I'll move this to the Desire forums.

5. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock browser?

6. daveycroc

daveycroc Member

I had the same problem, couldn't find it turns out that it is preinstalled.

To check your flash version go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Click the All Tab and you should see the entry for Flash there.

ghorselady likes this.
  7. undermanger

Thank you for the reply.

I've done as you've suggested, and Flash 10.1 is showing (version 10.1.72.7. When you click on it to show the details, it lists the following:

Total 0.00B
    Application 0.00B
    Data 0.00B
    Cache 0.00B

Is that right? An app with no size?

Thanks

8. daveycroc

daveycroc Member

Yeah, if you look at the other apps on that list that were preinstalled they all show as 0 size. I think that is cause they are not taking up your internal memory qutoa.

Also Check your plugin settings, go to internet, press menu button, more, settings, scroll to the bottom and select, enable plugins, this should either be Always on or on demand.

Please bear in mind this thread, where the stock flash player crashes the browser.

9. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

I think apps that are part of the stock install show as taking up zero space.

10. undermanger

"Also Check your plugin settings, go to internet, press menu button, more, settings, scroll to the bottom and select, enable plugins, this should either be Always on or on demand.

Please bear in mind this thread, where the stock flash player crashes the browser."

A ha!! Thanks for the replies everyone. The problem was that enable plugins wasn't on!! Have just checked and can now see iplayer and when I go to test the version on the adobe site, it's there! Strong magic. Thanks again everyone. :D:D:D:D:D

11. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

My wife's Droid isn't rooted and she just got the flash OTA update. She installed it but the weird part is when I go into her application manager there isn't a Flash app listed. I have one in mine (rooted Droid with BB v0.4 and have had Flash 10.1 for a couple months now) but I don't see one listed in hers. What gives?