• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash 10.1

I have a new htc desire (unlocked) with Android 2.2

Probably a stupid question, but how can I tell what Flash version is installed? Does Flash appear as an app? I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere on the phone.

Whenever I try to play a Flash movie, it tells me it isn't installed and go to the Adobe site. On the Adobe site, I can't seem to work out how to download and install Flash 10.1 on my phone!

Any help / advice appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, if you look at the other apps on that list that were preinstalled they all show as 0 size. I think that is cause they are not taking up your internal memory qutoa.

Also Check your plugin settings, go to internet, press menu button, more, settings, scroll to the bottom and select, enable plugins, this should either be Always on or on demand.

Please bear in mind this thread, where the stock flash player crashes the browser.

Upvote 0
"Also Check your plugin settings, go to internet, press menu button, more, settings, scroll to the bottom and select, enable plugins, this should either be Always on or on demand.

Please bear in mind this thread, where the stock flash player crashes the browser."

A ha!! Thanks for the replies everyone. The problem was that enable plugins wasn't on!! Have just checked and can now see iplayer and when I go to test the version on the adobe site, it's there! Strong magic. Thanks again everyone. :D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones