Flash 10.1

Last Updated:

1. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well we've done 2.1 to death so it feels like a good time to start a new thread on Flash 10.1 :)

Will we see Flash 10.1 on the Hero?

If not, why not?

My limited understanding is the chipset won't support Flash 10, not forgetting the antiquated 1.5 can't/won't run Flash 10.

Thoughts? Information? Rumours?

Cheers Al

Advertisement
  2. mez

mez Well-Known Member

I'm hoping someone hacks it but I thought Adobe said hero wouldn't get 10. For the reasons you just said

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm sure if it can be done, the devs will get us flash. I wouldn't hold your breath for an official 2.2 release though, never mind 2.2 + flash.

4. Artaq

Artaq Active Member

Correct me if I am wrong the Motorola Driod is more or less the same as the hero in spec wise. This phone has been given the 2.1 upgrade and is running flash 10.1.
    So if this is correct then should be no reason why the hero cannot run it apart from the corps making it so purposely.

5. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies guys.

As long ago as January rumours started to appear that the Hero wouldn't get full Flash support, even though retailers were selling the Hero on the back of it's Flash capabilities.

My own opinion is we'll need some sort of custom ROM. Yet another reason to root.

Artaq you're right the Driod & Hero are very similar phones, although the Driod has a slightly faster processor.
    Al