flash and firmware on samsung gt-i5700Support

1. jazzo

jazzo Member

Hi there,
    I have a samsung galaxy gt-i5700 (I think it runs on cupcake) and I was wondering if it is possible to install adobe flash on it. Whenever I try my firmware doesn't seem to support it, so I wonder if I can change the firmware (upgrade to any version really ) and then download flash.
    Is there an official firmware upgrade at all? I have done my research but no joy, so thought to ask in here
    thanks guys

Advertisement
    myballzrichie likes this.
  2. packtack1

packtack1 Active Member

Hello
    I have encountered a problem! I hope this forum can help!
    It started when I used dalvik-cache zip and my Spica went into boot loop! Now I tried to flash with Odin and I get it connected to Odin it has a yellow square and it starts to do its thing. But before it can start I get get this
    <4> StartThread Detected : 0

<5> StartThread Detected : 0

<6> StartThread Detected : 0

<7> StartThread Detected : 0

<8> StartThread Detected : 0

<1> --- cannot open the usb serial port. code: 87

I cannot enter recovery because all I have is a boot loop!
    Now I have tried and tried but I cannot get Odin to work!
    Any suggestions I hope?

Cheers!
    Ken
  3. reecelander

reecelander New Member

Im a proud owner of a Spica running flash9/lite My advice is to flash your firmware to 2.1 then Root and install flash.
  4. JRobson23

JRobson23 New Member

Run ODIN as Administrator and flash i570EXXJCB then once the flash is done, you can then flash the PDA LK2.08 recommended. Any help, head over to samdroid.net
  5. mrspandroid

mrspandroid New Member

I really need some help on how to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 from Firmware 1.5 to 2.1, please.

I've read the instructions available on these forums but to be honest, I need a more simple version - starting with (for example) 'in the box your phone came with there should be a cable and disc to connect your phone to your PC'!

I am good at picking things up once I get there but do need more explicit instructions as I'm not technical.

Can anyone help please?
  6. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Well-Known Member

Oh for the 1.5 to 2.1(obviously unrooted) you can ask your local authorised samsung store to upgrade for free.
  7. mrspandroid

mrspandroid New Member

Thanks. So I can just go into Argos or Comet or wherever? (I'm in the UK)
  8. mrspandroid

mrspandroid New Member

I took it into my network provider's store (T Mobile) and they sent it away for the software to be updated. It came back a week later with Eclair on it (free of charge).
  9. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Well-Known Member

Glad to be of help :)
  10. wild cat

wild cat New Member

I have samsung galaxy spica GT-I5700 android version 2.1 without (Android Market Icon), how can I get it? although I did (Factory Data Reset) but it doesn't work.. plz I need your help :(
  11. paulbkskin

paulbkskin New Member

hi i need some help i have a gt-i5700 and ive got the google accout thing u mite have heard about that people say u cant get it fixed my brother had the same probalm he went in to carphone warehouse and they done it for