Flash back to 2.1 failedSupport

Last Updated:

1. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I decided to go ahead and flash back to 2.1. Now all my phone does is go back and forth from "Droid" to the eye over and over again. I have to pull the battery to stop it. The flash process seemed to go smoothly until the phone booted up. RSDLite had said to manually start the phone, but it had already booted on its own. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Did you delete the cache before flashing?

A battery pull might might be indicated.

3. crboone

Yes, I did both a data wipe and deleted the cache. After pulling the battery I got the same result. Do I need to rerun the flash?

4. crboone

:( Ugh! I can't believe I didn't see the "HOW TO" thread right below mine where I can post problems. Sorry! I'll post there instead. Mods please feel free to delete this.

5. mwm523

mwm523 Member

Pull the battery, reboot into recovery, and do another wipe data/factory reset. That should fix your problem.

6. crboone

Yes it sure did, thanks. Had I seen the 2.1 thread I would have found it quickly. I had previously saved 2 sets of instructions (which I used to flash the phone), neither of which mentioned having to do that after-the-fact.

Thanks again -- and to everyone who spent time giving these instructions and helping the rest of us through it. With sites like this, Moto, HTC, etc need not worry as much about costly troubleshooting & needless returns.