Flash Back to Stock Recovery?

Last Updated:

1. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I'm looking at sending my phone back in to TMO, but I don't want there to be a trace of anything. I rooted via the update.zip and flashed Clockwork, but haven't flashed any other roms or anything.

I was curious, is there a way to flash back to the stock recovery? Or would uninstalling Rom Manager, then unrooting via terminal, have the same effect?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

You're still running the stock rom, you just rooted your phone, that's all. Here's what I would do:

1. Uninstall Rom Manager first.
    2. Unroot your phone.
    3. Go to your dialer, and type in *2767*3855#. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage, and reinstall the phone firmware from when you first took it out of the box.

3. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did the first two steps last night, and thank god no longer have super user. I did not know about the last option, which will really come in handy.

Thank you for the help!

4. Sendress

Sendress New Member

after the reset my phone is showing the superuser icon, I tried to access the app market but im getting a weird market with what looks like nothing but test apps. I also cant seem to access the phone via data chord, though does still charge from it. connecting it (data chord) prompts me for; samsung kies, media player, mass storage:confused:. none of them will let me access the phone though. please help!!!:eek:

5. STiGLOGiC

STiGLOGiC Well-Known Member

Sounds like it is time for you to get ODIN. There are a lot of write ups and videos on how to use ODIN. It is pretty simple. Once you have used ODIN to get back to stock, I suggest you get the Galaxy S one click root/un-root program. This should make the unroot part a bit easier.

6. rayn1328

rayn1328 Well-Known Member

i have the soft brick,i can enter download mode,ive downloaded odin,the 512 pit file and a copy of the tar for stock,but odin does not recognize my phone to enter com(the little yellow box in odin) any ideas its been 4 days and no luck. thanks.