Flash Beta now available for android...how to install

Last Updated:

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Techtree.com India > News > Software > Adobe Releases AIR 2, Flash Player 10.1 Beta

Adobe has released beta builds of AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) 2.0 and Flash Player 10.1 version for Windows, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Linux[/color][/color] and Mac. Both new beta builds are also usable on x86-platform processor running netbooks. These apps now boast support for multi-touch gesture support and access to device microphone. The full Flash support for WebOS, BlackBerry, Android and Windows
    is en route.

Adobe's Flash based Flash Player is widely used for streaming videos, gaming on Windows, and interactive graphics. New Adobe Flash Player 10.1 beta and Adobe AIR 2.0 beta deliver full GPU acceleration of H.264 for smooth HD flash video playback. This new beta also supports HTTP streaming of content backed up with Adobe's content protection technology.

The new Adobe Integrated Runtime 2 beta features support for mass storage devices and native application processes with support for peer-to-peer and UDP networking.

Both new beta builds bring support for multitouch screens and gestures. Now, all those multitouch screen bearing All-in-One PCs and multi-touch trackpads can be exploited for Flash-experience.

Download and check out the beta builds of Flash Player 10.1 beta and AIR 2.0 beta from Adobe Labs

Advertisement
  2. Captsoto

Captsoto Member

And how is this helping me to install flash?

3. Les Common

Les Common Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know there are similarities between Linux and Android, but...

this announcement looks like it applies to x86, not to our little guy.

j.

4. iawd1

iawd1 Well-Known Member

Downloading now.. Hopefully this is safe...

5. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

Yeah it includes support for android but not available yet. I dont think you can install it on android yet.

6. colnago

Sorry...forgot to put a ? at end of title. As mentioned...looks like pre release is only PC based, but article suggests Android support. I tried downloading/unzipping the file onto my PC, and copied extraction to SD card, but no joy from there. Its my first time with non-Windows/WinMo device and my thread was more "notify-and-inquire" vs. a tutorial.

7. tallelf78

tallelf78 Well-Known Member

keep us posted...my only complaint about the Droid is the lack of flash support.

8. colnago

Again, sorry for my lack of Linux knowlege, but if a phone is "rooted", would a terminal session be able to launch the install file (per the beta's "readme" instructions)? Or is android just simply not a "Linux based OS", per Adobe's support page?

9. briankeith513

briankeith513 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to actually use this on my Motorola Droid. Too bad this thread is not legit though lol.

10. BigPat

BigPat Member

Short Answer: No
    Long Answer: It is indeed linux running on the phone, but it does not use the same type of CPU. Your desktop linux usually runs x86 (or x86_64) the droid has an ARM Cortex A8, which IIRC is ARM11. So the binary (code that a programmer writes that has been translated into something that a computer can run) is for x86 so the droid can't run it. Basically, think Apple's switch from PowerPC to Intel, everything had to be fixed for the new processor.

11. colnago

Roger that.

After reading more of the DL pages, I pretty much gave up realizing this version looked more PC based. It allowed me to waste my day on other DROID related issues.

;)

12. Jef

Jef Active Member

I believe they said that Flash Mobile 10 will hit WebOS later this year, Android Early Q1 2010, and Windows Mobile later in 2010.

13. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

All on point except one thing, the DROID has a TI OMAP3430 CPU, which uses the Cortex A8 architecture. A lot of people get confused in thinking that Cortex A8 is a processor, it's not, just the architecture (like ARM11).

14. BigPat

BigPat Member

Ah! Thanks for the correction. I should have known that too...don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.
    :p

15. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

did I post that on vortex? It's not avail yet for android, but should be very soon, all assuming colnago from vortex :) Glad you found this place!

16. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

Someone claiming to be a training manager or some other manager at Motorola said flash 10.1 should be available 1st week of February in the other android/flash 10.1 thread that is floating around this forum.

17. kevinlin9414

kevinlin9414 Member

Can anyone give me a link to download to my pc?
    I can't use market here.
    Thanks you.