1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Cards

Last Updated:

1. zacdroid

zacdroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of good flash card apps for the droid. I want to be able to upload CSV files onto my droid and then use them for studying. Any tips? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

3. australuke

australuke New Member

I am the main developer of Tiny Classroom, a Flash Card application for the Android platform. Tiny Classroom contains some unique features that you will not find in other applications that will assist your study. To be fair to others, other Android flash card applications I have come across are Study Droid, FlashCards and VocabuloCard. From what I can tell, Study Droid is currently the most popular. Try them all and pick the best.

4. rlbeard

rlbeard New Member

I use Study Droid every day to study my current class curriculum. I would be lost with out it. The newest release of 2.0 has been great with the 2way sync feature. Thank you to those who continue to offer free apps for poor students...:)

5. jeffreyaustinwhite

jeffreyaustinwhite New Member

I like Flash Card Maker Pro since you can share decks of cards via email. It also has text-to-speech capabilities to read the cards to my 6 year old daughter. Developer did a great job to allow navigation with gesturing and animation.

6. Boogs

Boogs Well-Known Member

You should also give "Pop Quiz" a try.

You can access flashcards from Quizlet & Studystack for free.

It also has the added capability to include images and notes, etc. in your flashcards. Of course it can also do multiple choice questions for practice tests as well.

As far as importing CSV files: that's possible too with the Question Bank Creator program which you can use on your PC.

I am a little biased however, as I'm the developer for Pop Quiz. Give it a try, and if you have any problems or need some help importing from CSV files, let me know.

CriticalCritic likes this.
  7. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

+1+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!! This is great! WITH Free access to Quizlet! This is amazing! THANK YOU!

My only suggestion is to put the Y on the right side... I have accidentally hit the 'N' by accident more times than I would like :(

8. Boogs

Boogs Well-Known Member

CriticalCritic,

Thanks for the endorsement - I'm glad you like using Pop Quiz. It was my hope that I could release the best "study" product out there.

Also, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe in the next release I'll include a setting to change up the "Y" and "N" positions on the flash cards.

Boogs

9. owhite

owhite New Member

Check out Flash Card Maker pro by Great White Software. This is a first generation software but blows away the competition!

10. oliver.noelle

oliver.noelle New Member

11. jeffthewhitegoose

jeffthewhitegoose Member

I just discovered an awesome flash card app for Android phones. This app is similar to iPhone versions but can read back the cards out loud using text-to-speech. Perfect for my 6 year old daughter who is learning to read. I have found some great apps by searching on google using the keywords 'flash cards android'. Here is a quick screen shot of one of my flash cards:
    [​IMG]

CriticalCritic likes this.
  12. jeffthewhitegoose

jeffthewhitegoose Member

Welcome to the future of learning! The only flash card application that is optimized for Android apps. Make flash cards on your Android phone or tablet to teach children how to read and do math, to help students study for exams, or to prepare for an upcoming presentation. Recycle your old paper flash cards and download the latest digital version today! See a demonstration of this flash card app in action by clicking flash card maker demo.

Jeffrey Austin White
    Founder of Flash Card Maker Pro
    Android apps Developer
    Flashcard Enthusiast
    Flashcard Maker in the Digital World

13. erol77g

erol77g New Member

Hi, does anyone know of a flashcard app that allows you to put hyperlinks in it as links to references?

14. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

I use AnyMemo. It's free. It's open-source. It has lots of great features, including text-to-speech for many languages. There are lots of pre-made decks that you can download. But you can also build decks on your PC/Mac and export CSV files to your Android Device.

This website does a comprehensive evalutation of different Android Flash Card apps. AnyMemo is rated one of the best.

15. ptea

ptea New Member

I have written the very first Flashcards app for the Android Market, now there is a new full version available. Just search for Wise Cards to find it.

In the mean time, there are so many flavours of Flashcards App out there. I hope you like mine.

You can find for info at Wise Cards - Flashcards for Android

16. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

I use Anki because it is based on spaced repetition and can sync to the PC. There are lots of decks available.

17. miniswitz

miniswitz New Member

Hi..

I use application named "Word List" on Android. You can add words to it , and also create your flash cards.
    You can also upload a csv file with words into the app.

18. cro

cro New Member

19. Sophiexu

Sophiexu New Member

Hi, one of the coolest flashcard apps I know is the recently released Flashcard Expert - a flashcard app that has several new features compared to other apps.
    The coolest feature is that you can define lots of attributes for a cardset (like a database) and you can design a template how the flashcard shall be presented. So you do not just have a front and a back side (and maybe a comment site) but you can have 10 or more (logical) sides - each side spoken in a different language, presented with a different font or having multiple images!
    In addition you can provide custom labels which you can assign to your cards. This is a bit different from the typical Leitner system, but it's quite flexible. It's more than a typical flashcard app. I love it.

Sophie
    :)