• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

theguy155

Lurker
Oct 3, 2010
Hello everyone,

Im trying to install a custom ROM on my charm... I've rooted it and installed ROM manager, but when I try to backup my current ROM, it gets halfway through it then stops and gives me the big green droid with the orange exclamation mark that takes up the entire screen. I then simply have to reboot it and everything returns to normal. I think this has something to do with the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery because when it tells you to install it, it only is giving me 3 choices, Moto Milestone, Droid X, and Droid 2.

Can anyone offer any advice on this please? This phone would be really nice if you could install your own ROM on it, hopefully the answer to this question can help us all out... Has anyone successfully installed a new ROM on their Charm?

Thanks everyone,

B

thanks for the reply's everyone, i realized that you in fact CANNOT install a damn custom ROM on charm yet, you can root it, but you dont have nandroid access and you cant install a custom ROM, i realize i am late to the party with this info but wtf? what good does rooting it do me if i cant backup or install custom roms (besides wireless tether, which is cool)?

i am now wondering if you can partition your SD card so you can store apps on your sd card, i know you can do this with the 'apps2sd' app, but it appears that you must have a custom rom installed to do this as well

does anyone know if you can get this function on your phone without installing a custom ROM?

thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones