• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help flash doesn't work

Ibrown1592

Lurker
Oct 3, 2013
Hey everybody. I finally got everything transfered. But now my flash for my camera doesn't work. No flashlight apps work either. Any help? I would really like a flashlight because it's really convenient. But I know for a fact it was working when I got the phone yesterday.

Hey everybody. I finally got everything transfered. But now my flash for my camera doesn't work. No flashlight apps work either. Any help? I would really like a flashlight because it's really convenient. But I know for a fact it was working when I got the phone yesterday.

sounds like you received a lemon as mine works fine and the assistive light widget works well for me. have you taken it back yet?

Upvote 0
i had this exact same problem. Brand new Note 3. Both camera flash and "assistive light" stopped working. Power cycling the phone fixed it. While it's easy enough to fix, this is annoying, especially if it stops you from being able to capture a great photo and forces you to wait for the phone to power cycle. This seems like a pretty serious flaw. Anybody else have this, and do you think there's a software fix coming, or are these defective phones?

Upvote 0
i had this exact same problem. Brand new Note 3. Both camera flash and "assistive light" stopped working. Power cycling the phone fixed it. While it's easy enough to fix, this is annoying, especially if it stops you from being able to capture a great photo and forces you to wait for the phone to power cycle. This seems like a pretty serious flaw. Anybody else have this, and do you think there's a software fix coming, or are these defective phones?
Have you installed another camera app aside from the stock camera app, or an app that uses the camera, like skype?

What comes to mind is the thread about sound not working, because a few people didn't properly exit a game, and it was still running, muted in the background.

I know, sound /= camera, it's just the state left by some apps when you close them that has me curious.

Upvote 0

Had the exact same issue. I had downloaded a flashlight app and it turned on once...then never again. When I tried to use my camera, I realized the LED would not flash.

I uninstalled all 3rd party flashlight apps and rebooted. It has worked fine ever since.

And I now use the Assistive Light widget almost every day without issue. It's not as bright as my GNEX was (2 LED's) but it does OK.

Reactions: jwither
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones