• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash for HTC Hero

russellh

Lurker
Oct 23, 2009
Hi there, New to this forum and this is my first post.

A question which I hope the Android Massive can help me with. Loving the HTC Hero experience, but every time I try to run an embedded video (as in BBN Website for example) via the browser, I am told I do not have the correct version of the flash player.

When I follow the link to download the correct version, it first assumes that I should download Adobe Flash v.10.0.32.18 for Linux. Assuming this is not correct for Android on the Hero, I then go to the link for a different OS or browser, and I only see options for Windows, Mac, Linux or Solaris - nothing appropriate for Android?

Is this lack of flash support something with which I have to live, or are there any ways in which I can install appropriate flash support? Thanks for any help.

Hi there, New to this forum and this is my first post.

A question which I hope the Android Massive can help me with. Loving the HTC Hero experience, but every time I try to run an embedded video (as in BBN Website for example) via the browser, I am told I do not have the correct version of the flash player.

When I follow the link to download the correct version, it first assumes that I should download Adobe Flash v.10.0.32.18 for Linux. Assuming this is not correct for Android on the Hero, I then go to the link for a different OS or browser, and I only see options for Windows, Mac, Linux or Solaris - nothing appropriate for Android?

Is this lack of flash support something with which I have to live, or are there any ways in which I can install appropriate flash support? Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I suggest you try the Hero forums with your question ....
but i believe that Flash is not supported even in the Hero at this time .... But have read the Adobe is working on it ... not firm time frame that i am aware of ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones